Kaoru Mitoma

I wouldn't rule out Grealish moving into midfield.
Nevertheless, the problem remains. Mitoma is not the type of player who can control the game on the left side like Jack. He is the same type of winger as Leroy and Raheem.

Regarding Philips its all great that he wants to stay and our players telling him its the second season where they came good, the big difference is those players in there first season played 5 times as many minutes to what philips did even taking in to account his injury Pep did not trust him at all! Cant see him starting more that 5 premier games..
It’s why I’m not a football manager
As I see Tommy Doyle as a better player than Philips

Nevertheless, the problem remains. Mitoma is not the type of player who can control the game on the left side like Jack. He is the same type of winger as Leroy and Raheem.

Mahrez wasnt Sterling/Sane

Haaland wasnt a false 9

Rodri wasnt an all action Fernandinho type

If there is one thing you can be sure of with Pep is he likes to adapt

Mitoma gives the ball away way too much for Pep at the moment, and in areas his team could be hit from. Great player in there, but a lot of work to do in some areas.

This would be a great signing. I spent a lot of time watching him at Brighton away last season and his movement off the ball is fantastic. Even when we had the ball he was dragging Walker all over the pitch, he created so much space for his team mates, his performance was brilliant.

A literal student of the game and something I imagine Pep would love. It’s a yes from me.

We tend to assume that the way we play every season is the way we want to play permanently going forward. We played with controlling wingers last year but that doesn't mean we aren't interested in switching back to direct wide players this year. With no Gundogan and Mahrez, we need more goals and assists in the team to compensate.

It’s why I’m not a football manager
As I see Tommy Doyle as a better player than Philips
More effective, but just lacks the yard of pace that differentiates the ok from the good,the good from the great and the great from world class.

Tommy probably recognises it too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.