Kaoru Mitoma

I've said before that I don't think he needed to spend what could've been the first few years of his career at Uni. Someone that talented could be playing for Bayern or Barca by now if he had committed to his playing career.

That said he's currently one of the most entertaining players in the league and I'd be delighted to get him. But Brighton quite rightly won't sell unless we cough up a huge fee so I can't see it happening so late in the window.

I think 50-60m for Mitoma would be a weird (does not mean bad) signing. At 26 years old he has not even had one full season at high level, and everyone looks good in Brighton (Solly March has similar numbers and no-one thinks he is a City level player). I like Mitoma, he is a good and exiting player and think he could possibly be a good squad player for us. But if we are signing someone closer to 30 than 20 in age I would prefer it to either be someone more proven, or just someone younger that presumably has higher potential long term. Mitoma, to me, just feels a bit in the middle. Not young enough that we can expect him to significantly improve, and he has not played enough on a high level for us to have realistic expectations of him becoming more than a squad player, that would warrant a big fee.

With that said, I dont think Mitoma would be a bad signing, he is a good player. I certainly wouldn't complain if we do end up signing him. I would just prefer if we signed either a more proven player who would seriously compete for a starting spot in the big games, or a younger option with more potential/upside long term. Just my opinion :)

Last edited:
More effective, but just lacks the yard of pace that differentiates the ok from the good,the good from the great and the great from world class.

Tommy probably recognises it too.
Gundog was no less mobile than TD. And often filled in for Rodders
I’d say reading of the game is more key

They will want something more than what we paid for Jack Grealish which I am not sure he is worth.
Both Mahrez and Grealish when we sign them were well establishment players Mitoma had one good season at top level and because his dribbling skills he gets hyped a lot.
He is 26 had one good season at top level, he is under contract until 2025, also he didn't sign new deal jet, maybe because he wants to see what offer he will get, that all is going against Brighton valuation they can ask for what ever they want but reality is very different, and they lost Mac Allister for peanuts. I wouln't go any over £60M.

Both Mahrez and Grealish when we sign them were well establishment players Mitoma had one good season at top level and because his dribbling skills he gets hyped a lot.
He is 26 had one good season at top level, he is under contract until 2025, also he didn't sign new deal jet, maybe because he wants to see what offer he will get, that all is going against Brighton valuation they can ask for what ever they want but reality is very different, and they lost Mac Allister for peanuts. I wouln't go any over £60M.

My thoughts exactly. I would be more comfortable if we opt for a more established player at the valuation in which Brighton will ask for.

We have come along way from the days when we were dogshit & bang average players would be good signings.
Nearly every player mentioned now linked to our club brings negativity lol!

Yesterday, Tolmie suggested we would find out who the Brighton player is as soon as today, so there you have it. Unless all the media out there reporting Mitoma this morning got the information from Tolmie, Mitoma is the said player. Palmer + a decent fee should do it. Bernardo, Phil, Bobb, McAtee would all cover RW. Happy days. Exciting player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.