Karim Rekik is 16

We will not need a lot of new signings in the future if these lads come good from the academy. Razak, Savic, Rekik, Suarez and more. The future is blue.

We signed him for a very good reason, he is a standout defender in Europe among his age group.

I watched the U17 World Cup and it was clear there as he captained Holland that he is lightyears beyond that level. If he doesn't stall somehow, he'll be an absolute keeper. Same goes for Suarez and Razak, possibly Roman.

McFcMiKe7 said:
Wasn't really concentrating during the last 10 minutes

did he do well?
A 16 year old shat on Zigic in the air and blocked a goal bound shot. Fuck yes he did well. Also did well against Barcelona and for the EDS.

karim will be a world star in no time, somehow he reminds me of the greatest defenders like beckenbauer, baresi, etc...

citijin said:
karim will be a world star in no time, somehow he reminds me of the greatest defenders like beckenbauer, baresi, etc...
That's a bold claim

To be fair he stood out in the pre-season as well. And he was 16 then too.

Good job Mancini has the sense to fast track him. That's what makes me laugh about these 21/2 year old 'prospects' like Weiss and a long list of people before him who people say will be 'our future'. THEY AINT GOOD ENOUGH.

Mancini knows one when he sees one.

Players don't grow much after 21-22. You can spot a star at 16-18. Most of what they learn after that age is discipline. But you can't teach what Karim is doing to any young player.

Incredible talent in all honesty. He definitely needs to be challenged now though - EDS and cup games this season. Academy isn't good enough to bring him on, despite being younger than everyone in the under 18s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.