Karim Rekik..

Did nothing wrong but Reading were so shit I can't take too much from the game.

Don't know whether the other players didn't trust him as much or wanted to go down the right more during the 1st half but there were a lot of times where he was in acres of space on the left but the ball always seemed to go back inside and then switched out to the right or trying to go down the middle, if it was Kolarov or Clichy then it'd have been out there like a shot. It got to the point that when the ball finally went out to him everyone gave a cheer.

Would have to agree that he did well today though with positioning and looking comfortable on the ball although Reading didn't really ask too many questions of the defence.

I suspect rekik and nasty will be the left sided defenders for years to come. Lescott unfortunately looks like he will be on his way and, if he goes, I will thank him for supplying my son and I with our most cherished footballing memory; the first league title in my lifetime.

moomba said:
Did nothing wrong but Reading were so shit I can't take too much from the game.
Agree with this. Not as impressed as some people in the post match thread. Need to see more of him but really good to see him start.
Not judging him on today.

To make the first team in club like ours you're gonna need confidence especially as a CB and he certainly had it today.

He had almost nothing to do os hard to judge, but you've got be a little impressed just at how calm and composed he looked. Many youth players come in and just look out of their depth, whereas he seemed to fit right in.

Wonder if txiki had a say in his debut...the guy is brought here due to the work he did at batca with promoting the youth team...i hope guidetti,suarez and lopes also make it here

Was solid today but barely tested. In terms of him being wide and not getting the ball, it doesn't make much sense to go wide to a natural centre back to cross in to Tevez and Aguero. Less likely to result in a chance than working it through the middle with short quick passing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.