Karim Rekik..

Today was a day we needed our full backs to be attacking.

On the whole he didn't get forward enough and wen he did no one would pass to him.

I can't remember him getting one cross in all game.

He was solid enough at the back

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
On the whole he didn't get forward enough and wen he did no one would pass to him.

He got forward plenty from my point of view and Silva (and others) just blanked him out completely. When he finally did get the ball, leading to ironic cheers and a "One Karim Rekik" song, he pumped in a decent enough cross. Seemed a bit of arrogance from some of the senior players showing no faith in him, preferring to go the predictable narrow route instead that led to nothing all game.

LoveCity said:

He got forward plenty from my point of view and Silva (and others) just blanked him out completely. When he finally did get the ball, leading to ironic cheers and a "One Karim Rekik" song, he pumped in a decent enough cross. Seemed a bit of arrogance from some of the senior players showing no faith in him, preferring to go the predictable narrow route instead that led to nothing all game.
Do you not think it could be a reluctance to go wide in general rather than just not passing to Rekik? If we put it in we have 2 very small strikers in the middle who are unlikely to win anything in the air.

Also he's naturally a centre back so wouldn't imagine crossing is one of his best attributes.

Bongo Joe said:
LoveCity said:

Do you not think it could be a reluctance to go wide in general rather than just not passing to Rekik? If we put it in we have 2 very small strikers in the middle who are unlikely to win anything in the air.

Also he's naturally a centre back so wouldn't imagine crossing is one of his best attributes.

Totally agree. He should not have been there. Mancini just though any side would beat those today and not enough thought went into the team selection. Garcia and Barry?

Milner, clichy and kompany back Wednesday please.

Fantastic debut...asked to make his debut playing out of position, he adapted like a natural..old head on young shoulders. Yes, not the best attacking down the flanks..but he's a centre half so no wonder. looked really composed, and I was chuffed to see him have such a solid start

blueshortshorts said:
Fantastic debut...asked to make his debut playing out of position, he adapted like a natural..old head on young shoulders. Yes, not the best attacking down the flanks..but he's a centre half so no wonder. looked really composed, and I was chuffed to see him have such a solid start

Hopefully Kolarov is fit for Watford so we can see him at CB. Unless we see the young lad Marin play LB

Played really well, didn't let the opportunity phase him.

It was only Reading, not the best side but regardless when you make the step up you often see jelly legs or a little bit of nerves set it.

Never showed any of that, i won't go on about him too much yet. I'd rather judge him in a better and more higher quality game.

There were times when he was a spare part over on the left wing, and I think he would have had to given Silva a winning lottery ticket to get a pass, and there were a few occasions in the second half where he was within sniffing distance of smackin' one in off the bar, but I think he wouldn't risk it.

He's City's Maldini! Time will tell!!

Good in defence but showed nothing in attack. We have a lot of centre-backs so we'll see if he can improve in this full-back position. Definitely needs to go somewhere and play competitive matches.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:

There were times when he was a spare part over on the left wing, and I think he would have had to given Silva a winning lottery ticket to get a pass, and there were a few occasions in the second half where he was within sniffing distance of smackin' one in off the bar, but I think he wouldn't risk it.

Dave when the EDS lads get a chance why do the rest of the team ignore them. Help me out because I just do not get.

He's City's Maldini! Time will tell!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.