Karim Rekik..

Think when you get to the sort of level of football that we are at now, and you have the sort of names we have, they don't tend to want to pass to youngsters coming through. They would much rather play the ball to Tevez or Silva who are marked by two players each, than spread it wide to a young prospect with a bit of space to run into. Happened when I used to play at the weekends, I used to play for my local team, and when we started challenging for the top of the league, the attacking players avoided alot of the new boys as they hadn't proven what they could do. Completely different level I know, but the principal is the same. His time will come, I was impressed with him, we as City fans have seen a lot of young talent come from our ranks and we do like to see them succeed, will look forward to seeing him on the pitch in future.

i guess to break through at city now you need more than just playing ability - you need confidence beyond your years too. without this confidence in your ability, i can't see them being given a chance, the stakes are just too high for them to crack under the pressure

I wholeheartedly agree with most that Rekik was very impressive. Calm, composed on the ball, made good decisions, generally positioned himself quite well, man-marked well, etc. Looked a world apart from his previous appearances.

With Begiristain and Soriano on board to implement the "Barca Paradigm" I think we will be seeing more frequent appearances by some of our more promising youngsters, with Razak and Suarez surely also due to see some time. If Mario can be offloaded in January, we'll surely see Guidetti a bit, at first from the bench.

big gaz said:
WNRH said:
Did well but in all honesty, anyone of our EDS players could have done exactly the same as him. He kept things simple and was never tested. He's never going to be a left back in a million years though, would like to see him go on loan to a Championship club playing centre half, still lots to learn but he should be happy with his full debut.

What about that hair though ;-)
Look at the Everton game in the League cup who from the regular players passed to the EDS lads. Every one wants Garcia, Sinclair to have a run but whats wrong with Rizak, Saurez,Evans ect, oh well hey ho.

Haha not a come back guess no one goes to EDS games.

big gaz said:
big gaz said:
WNRH said:
Did well but in all honesty, anyone of our EDS players could have done exactly the same as him. He kept things simple and was never tested. He's never going to be a left back in a million years though, would like to see him go on loan to a Championship club playing centre half, still lots to learn but he should be happy with his full debut.

Look at the Everton game in the League cup who from the regular players passed to the EDS lads. Every one wants Garcia, Sinclair to have a run but whats wrong with Rizak, Saurez,Evans ect, oh well hey ho.

What is there to come back to? :-/

WNRH said:
big gaz said:
big gaz said:

What is there to come back to? :-/
Hahahahahaha

My gut instinct after watching him play is that he's got a very cool head on him for his age, similar to Nastasic, he's got good technique, good passer but the one concern I have is his pace! Reminded me very much of Garrido, but you can never tell from one game of course!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.