Kayky | On loan at Sparta Rotterdam (P19)

only by a couple of kids from the u18's. I wouldnt consider him old for the side by any means, loads of time to settle, lads not even played 10 games yet.
Not old, but not young either. His clock will be ticking.

Worst case scenario is that we sell him for a profit. Best case he becomes a star.

Not old, but not young either. His clock will be ticking.

Worst case scenario is that we sell him for a profit. Best case he becomes a star.
Not sure I agree, he was born the day before Bobb, 6 days before Burns. I think he's a another year away from a descision having to be made (on loans out etc) and will stay in the EDS till then.

Borges coming back into the squad might help, another portuguese speaker etc. Be interesting to watch, prob the first major oversea CFG signing at his age in the mix.

I'd consider him old given the context of his situation. He's not old, obviously, but he's also not young as far as elite talents go. He'll be 19 at the start of next season, and he looks absolutely nowhere near first team quality yet. He looks like (just) a really good young player. But McAtee and Palmer are both absolutely wonderful young players, and they're his competition - and they're fighting for scraps when it comes to first team chances.

He has to get ahead of them first, and i'm not sure he can. Nor am I sure he'll get ahead of Edozie or Delap. From what i've seen so far he's not really close to either of McAtee, Delap or Palmer quality wise when it comes to affecting games, and you have to do that to stand out at youth level. That quality may come out, but if it's going to, it'll have to be soon or he'll just run out of time. City won't keep him playing in the EDS until he's 20. They make judgements so quickly these days.

He's clearly very, very technical though, but just too passive currently. He's quite slight, and he doesn't strike me as aggressive either to counter that. Foden was very small, but always had a shit tonne of hunger and drive to counter that. He does do his bit defensively and work hard, but is a bit more Mahrez when it comes to the physical and pressing side of things, and he's also notably smaller than Mahrez too. Doesn't look lightning quick either.

Let's see how he settles to be fair to the lad, but it's just so, so cut throat that i'd be amazed if he ever got round the first team here. You can sorta sense when a young lad is a step above youth team level. They sometimes show it even when they arrive immediately. Kelechi did for example. Brahim, Foden and Sancho all did when they stepped up to the 18s/EDS. They were miles ahead of everyone else. It's no coincidence that those three are all Champions League level footballers. Brahim is doing v well at Milan, and we can laugh at Sancho's start, but he clearly has quality.

So far Kayky just looks like one of many skilful, very talented, but slight wingers we've had in the academy over the years that will struggle to make it due to the barriers of entry being so, so high. Currently it's Oscar Bobb, I remember Paolo Fernandes being similar a few years back...let's see if he has it in him to shine at a considerably higher level than the one he was at.

He has not shown that much yet but very early to judge. I can see him moving on loan to another CFG team next season.

I'd consider him old given the context of his situation. He's not old, obviously, but he's also not young as far as elite talents go. He'll be 19 at the start of next season, and he looks absolutely nowhere near first team quality yet. He looks like (just) a really good young player. But McAtee and Palmer are both absolutely wonderful young players, and they're his competition - and they're fighting for scraps when it comes to first team chances.

He has to get ahead of them first, and i'm not sure he can. Nor am I sure he'll get ahead of Edozie or Delap. From what i've seen so far he's not really close to either of McAtee, Delap or Palmer quality wise when it comes to affecting games, and you have to do that to stand out at youth level. That quality may come out, but if it's going to, it'll have to be soon or he'll just run out of time. City won't keep him playing in the EDS until he's 20. They make judgements so quickly these days.

He's clearly very, very technical though, but just too passive currently. He's quite slight, and he doesn't strike me as aggressive either to counter that. Foden was very small, but always had a shit tonne of hunger and drive to counter that. He does do his bit defensively and work hard, but is a bit more Mahrez when it comes to the physical and pressing side of things, and he's also notably smaller than Mahrez too. Doesn't look lightning quick either.

Let's see how he settles to be fair to the lad, but it's just so, so cut throat that i'd be amazed if he ever got round the first team here. You can sorta sense when a young lad is a step above youth team level. They sometimes show it even when they arrive immediately. Kelechi did for example. Brahim, Foden and Sancho all did when they stepped up to the 18s/EDS. They were miles ahead of everyone else. It's no coincidence that those three are all Champions League level footballers. Brahim is doing v well at Milan, and we can laugh at Sancho's start, but he clearly has quality.

So far Kayky just looks like one of many skilful, very talented, but slight wingers we've had in the academy over the years that will struggle to make it due to the barriers of entry being so, so high. Currently it's Oscar Bobb, I remember Paolo Fernandes being similar a few years back...let's see if he has it in him to shine at a considerably higher level than the one he was at.
Spot on.

You can't be playing well at youth level, you need to be DOMINANT at 17/18.

That trio of Foden, Diaz and Sancho dominated EDS football at that age, and it's no coincidence they are all playing for champions league level teams.

And sometimes that dominance doesn't always translate if they don't physically grow, this is why I was most worried about Diaz of those 3, he may or may not have been able to do it, but he is fighting through that weakness.

I think 90% (some high percentage) of the time, academy performance is necessary to know whether a player will have a future (and I mean at the highest level, not just a career). There is the odd players (10%) who may not be great at academy level and perform at senior level, but I think they are rare, and not bets worth taking for the club.

There is the odd players (10%) who may not be great at academy level and perform at senior level, but I think they are rare, and not bets worth taking for the club.

We have already taken a bet on him that we haven't on other academy players.

£8.7m as a transfer fee (plus more in performance related add-ons) and reported salary of £25,000 a week (doesn't seem unreasonable considering the big fee).

Absolutely pointless leaving him in the academy system any longer than a few months, and we have probably only used that to acclimatise him into European life and football.

He needs to get regular games on loan.

We have already taken a bet on him that we haven't on other academy players.

£8.7m as a transfer fee (plus more in performance related add-ons) and reported salary of £25,000 a week (doesn't seem unreasonable considering the big fee).

Absolutely pointless leaving him in the academy system any longer than a few months, and we have probably only used that to acclimatise him into European life and football.

He needs to get regular games on loan.
I mean not worth bets taking in terms of integrating into the first team, Palmer is a much better bet to take.

I don't disagree with anything you said after, it wasn't my point, of course Kayky needs a loan, obviously any player we aren't integrating into the first team needs a loan.

Ha wasn't expecting to see my tweets in here. Only my opinion that and it wouldn't be the first time id be wrong. Doesn't mean he isn't very talented of course, but it's just my gut instinct that he's gonna struggle to get ahead of McAtee, Palmer and co... and they've already got a difficult job as it is!

Unfortunately, I agree with everything you said about Kayky.

So far he is not what I expected, but hopefully he will settle well and regain his confidence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.