KDB wants to retire at City

Hopefully he goes into coaching too.
Genuine question.., Would he make a good coach? Would he get frustrated that his players couldn’t do what he could with his eyes closed? How many truly great players have made good coaches? Zidane possibly, but the jury’s out on him I think.

Genuine question.., Would he make a good coach? Would he get frustrated that his players couldn’t do what he could with his eyes closed? How many truly great players have made good coaches? Zidane possibly, but the jury’s out on him I think.
There was a interesting article in the Athletic recently about midfielders are most successful managers in history due to skills picked up whilst playing translates to coaching easily also defenders are second largest in terms of representation in the managers in the game too. Least so represent and successful are strikers/ forwards. Only time will tell though as it doesn’t guarantee a success.

There was a interesting article in the Athletic recently about midfielders are most successful managers in history due to skills picked up whilst playing translates to coaching easily also defenders are second largest in terms of representation in the managers in the game too. Least so represent and successful are strikers/ forwards. Only time will tell though as it doesn’t guarantee a success.

I can see the logic in that. Good midfielders need to have almost 360 degree vision and read the whole game. The best strikers tend to have laser vision on just one thing.

I think it’s always why captains tend to be midfielders or defenders and not strikers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.