KDB wants to retire at City

Genuine question.., Would he make a good coach? Would he get frustrated that his players couldn’t do what he could with his eyes closed? How many truly great players have made good coaches? Zidane possibly, but the jury’s out on him I think.
I’m going to suggest Cruyff and Pep.

There was a interesting article in the Athletic recently about midfielders are most successful managers in history due to skills picked up whilst playing translates to coaching easily also defenders are second largest in terms of representation in the managers in the game too. Least so represent and successful are strikers/ forwards. Only time will tell though as it doesn’t guarantee a success.
It just follows the number of players a typical club has in those positions.

Absolutely, would go as far as the greatest midfielder to play for the premier league surpassing Gerard.
Lampard was better than Gerrard. Put a shift in defensively, retained the ball better, scored more goals and didn't give away possession 10 times a game thinking he was Roy of the Rovers trying to score from 30 yards out. De Bruyne is better than both.

All for giving him a statue, but where do we stop with statues ?

Can’t have one for every player whose here for 8-10 years
Why not? I'm all for statues all over the Etihad campus it adds to our culture and documents this historic moment. Arsenal stadium full of statues I think it makes it feel like a real landmark

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.