KDB's Pace

To quote the late great Johan Cruyff.

The sports press often confuses speed with insight. See, if I start running slightly earlier than someone else, I seem faster.

De Bruyne is not lightning, he is decently fast - but his reading of the game and the timing of his runs makes you think he's faster.
Nailed it. He is of average speed, but world class foresight.

To quote the late great Johan Cruyff.

The sports press often confuses speed with insight. See, if I start running slightly earlier than someone else, I seem faster.

De Bruyne is not lightning, he is decently fast - but his reading of the game and the timing of his runs makes you think he's faster.

Spot on... His ability to find space and read the game is as good as I've seen, sprinkle his goal contributions/assists and we're talking about something very special...24 years old, frightening his potential!!!

Yeah, most of it was him taking the ball in his stride. I'm not even sure he's faster than Kola flat out. Much more agile and quicker off the blocks. But flat out?

Our best player by a country mile, a humble down to earth lad, always shows appreciation to the fans- a true terrace hero.

This lad can fire us to CL glory, if not this year then for years to come.

It's his ability to change speed at the flick of a switch that makes him devastating. Defenders are always trying to second guess what he's going to do, and when he chooses pace, it's very effective. But it's more than simply being fast.

Navas is much faster, but uses it to far less effect.

He gets himself a head start by always sending the opposing player the other way or get them caught on their heels.

Im losing count of his stats as they grow each game ,is it now 15 goals 14 assists , the guy is world class and will play a major role in the next stage of our project

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.