Keane on Stevie

Kinky by name

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1175881/Keane-Id-sleep-outside-Stephen-Irelands-house-play-Republic-again.html?ITO=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490</a>

it cant be true, no way has Keane done a full interview without calling someone a wanker

I haven't even read the article yet but the title show how much our own superman has progressed this season

I hope the club sort his contract out soon

Is that Stevie's house in the background?
gypsy-caravan.jpg

He has been nothing short of fantastic this season . Keane should know what a good midfielder looks like. Hope city offer Ireland a new deal .

Can somebody post what he says, please? I have a rule about that particular newspaper.

Roy Keane has heaped the pressure on Republic of Ireland manager Giovanni Trapattoni and said he would sleep outside Stephen Ireland’s house to persuade him to lead Ireland's World Cup campaign.

The Manchester City midfielder's self-imposed exile following his controversial exit two years ago when he claimed two grandmothers had died. Trapattoni and his assistant Liam Brady have met Ireland to welcome him back, but Ireland is refusing to budge.

Keane, who labelled Ireland as the best Irish player in football at the moment, said: 'When Brian Clough was manager and was trying to get Archie Gemmill to sign, he slept on the sofa. I wouldn’t sleep on Stephen Ireland’s sofa but I’d sleep outside his house to try and get him back. 'He would obviously make a big, big, difference to the Irish team,' he added. 'He looks happy in himself, playing for Man City. He’s been one of the most consistent players in the Premiership this season, in a team that has been inconsistent.

'What I would say to the lad, if I ever bumped into him in Manchester, I’d say “listen, your career is over before you know it, if you get an opportunity to play for Ireland under a good manager then go for it.” 'He might have a reason and we have to respect that whatever it might be. But never say never. I'd keep persevering. If I was Trapattoni, I would literally sleep outside his house.'

high praise indeed for the best irish player since Keane himself.
regardless of who you support, if you truly love and understand football Roy Keane was immense, and his views on football are generally spot on.
Ireland under Trap would learn alot
and Superman deserves the international stage

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.