KEEP SAFE: 'Make rape legal' group plan events in Shambles Square & worldwide

His group calls for rape to be decriminalised on private property you portray a justification argument he has used for this not the policy. You point to a version of withdrawn consent they have called for much more than this.

As for sensationalism that is the world you can rally against it but that is essentially trying to be the King Canute of the modern world . Sensationalism is here, it's reality and to live in the modern world you have to deal with it whether you approve or not. As you can choose on which opinions to respect or not so you can choose when you think sensationalism is justified or not.

No you can't.

You can't say it's ok for the press to lie about things you disagree with but not ok to lie about things that you agree with. This makes you a hypocrite.

God. I hope people don't lump Men's Rights Groups in with this group of wackos. But of course they do! It makes the fight for things like gender neutral domestic abuse policy that much more difficult.

No you can't.

You can't say it's ok for the press to lie about things you disagree with but not ok to lie about things that you agree with. This makes you a hypocrite.
Sensationalism and lies are two very different things, my comments entirely about the sensationalism of this story and it being hyped with him a woman hater. Haven't read the lies or commented on them and if there are lies I assume that would be dealt with by the courts

Sensationalism and lies are two very different things, my comments entirely about the sensationalism of this story and it being hyped with him a woman hater. Haven't read the lies or commented on them and if there are lies I assume that would be dealt with by the courts

Sensationalism is by definition a lie. It is twisting the true facts of a story in order to make it more enraging to the masses. Like by saying things like:

His group calls for rape to be decriminalised on private property

When what you mean is

He thinks women who agreed to go home with him after a night out have consented to sex

That is an out and out lie. It is changing what is said into something more enraging to the general masses.

Heard of this group. Watched a documentary recently on them, C4 I think it was on.

I disagree with the main guys views from watching that documentary but I agree with his right to express his views, and would go down there but only to hear what they had to say.
The same as I'd also go down to a Pro-Feminist rally and listen to their views.

It's a fucked up place and they have their own pathways in which they will eventually learn the truth.

Understand your point about being interested in what he has to say, but I also think we need to be careful about pitching this kind of thing as the male version of a pro-feminist rally.

This guy writes manuals on how to rape. He's advocated forced marriage. He portrays women as disgusting sluts that should be subservient to men.

Feminism by defintion - the doctrine advocating social, political, and all other rights of women equal to those of men.

You would think most people could get behind that, in the same way most right minded people understand believe that black people should be treated equally. Sure there might be small factions of the feminist movement that have ridiculous ideas, but that's not really what its all about or how people should be defining it.

Last edited:
Sensationalism is by definition a lie. It is twisting the true facts of a story in order to make it more enraging to the masses. Like by saying things like:

When what you mean is

That is an out and out lie. It is changing what is said into something more enraging to the general masses.
No he has said that the law needs to be changed and that in effect rape on private property would not be a crime if that woman had entered that property willingly. He specified all women not women he picked up, he did not talk about intoxication (other than effectively saying if you drink you get what you get). What you are saying is your interpretation of his motives not what the group are advocating as Law change.

Your definition of a lie is your definition of a lie, I prefer to look at the legal definition of a lie which is what applies in this.

So in this case you are setting your own definitions and setting your own thoughts on his motives (and you may be correct) but that's not the point

Understand your point about being interested in what he has to say, but I also think we need to be careful about pitching this kind of thing as the male version of a pro-feminist rally.

This guy writes manuals on how to rape. He's advocated forced marriage. He portrays women as disgusting sluts that should be subservient to men.

Feminism by defintion - the doctrine advocating social, political, and all other rights of women equal to those of men.

You would think most people could get behind that, in the same way most right minded people understand believe that black people should be treated equally. Sure there might be small factions of the feminist movement that have ridiculous ideas, but that's not really what its all about or how people should be defining it.
It's fucked up thinking with much in common with some extremes of religion and needs to be condemned in the same way that condemnation has been made towards religions promoting such awful behaviour

Where are all the voices from the righteous right normally so vocal on this forum defending his right to free speech and to stand up for what he believes, which is changing the law so that rape is no longer a crime on private property.
It depends what he actually writes/preaches. Incitement to violence is a criminal offence, so anything that encourages men to commit rape or helps men get away with rape would be illegal. Beyond that, he can write whatever he wants and campaign for any changes in the law he wants. So yeah, there's no absolute right to free speech in the UK. The line is incitement to violence, which encouraging or enabling rape would clearly cross.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.