Keir Starmer

Yeah, caring about asylum seekers certainly makes us Tories.

Growth can be created by borrowing money too.

There’s nothing left to cut, so change is needed else we delve further into the abyss.

1) I never said you are a Tory, I said Labour are going that way and some posters rather sadly feel the need to defend it.

2) Starmer and Reeves have stated they will do things when the timing is right. Borrowing can be done straight away so this is austerity.

3) I agree there isn't much left to cut and people are suffering. Maybe someone can tell Starmer that.

And more importantly I wasn't talking about you, if you felt I was I hope this has cleared it up.

Off to work and will miss the match I hope you all(well most) enjoy the game.

1) I never said you are a Tory, I said Labour are going that way and some posters rather sadly feel the need to defend it.

2) Starmer and Reeves have stated they will do things when the timing is right. Borrowing can be done straight away so this is austerity.

3) I agree there isn't much left to cut and people are suffering. Maybe someone can tell Starmer that.

And more importantly I wasn't talking about you, if you felt I was I hope this has cleared it up.

Off to work and will miss the match I hope you all(well most) enjoy the game.
Have a good day!

I remember someone stating, about 20 years ago, that there would be massive immigration from Africa and that no one would be able to stop it.

That prediction has come true. Despite the Tories sabotaging the economy and increasing the gap between rich and poor, this is still a very attractive destination for people from war-torn, unstable countries. The idea that we can just do X and it will all stop tomorrow is laughably simplistic.

I believe that several things could be done to reduce it, like having National ID cards, but all measures that in any way touch the 'freedom' of we natives (including the freedom to fiddle/avoid tax) will be vigorously opposed.

So, ship 200 a year to Rwanda at eye-watering expense. That'll solve it. Not!

I remember someone stating, about 20 years ago, that there would be massive immigration from Africa and that no one would be able to stop it.

That prediction has come true. Despite the Tories sabotaging the economy and increasing the gap between rich and poor, this is still a very attractive destination for people from war-torn, unstable countries. The idea that we can just do X and it will all stop tomorrow is laughably simplistic.

I believe that several things could be done to reduce it, like having National ID cards, but all measures that in any way touch the 'freedom' of we natives (including the freedom to fiddle/avoid tax) will be vigorously opposed.

So, ship 200 a year to Rwanda at eye-watering expense. That'll solve it. Not!

Its a terrible policy no doubt, I mean laughably bad. A good policy accepted by all or even a decent majority though is impossible to achieve imho.

Yeah, caring about asylum seekers certainly makes us Tories.

Caring about them is demanding no more illegal boat trips during which god knows how many tragically lose their lives.

As Starmer said yesterday, stopping the boats is not only humane and compassionate, it’s the right and legal thing to do alongside protecting our borders and anyone suggesting different simply isn’t serious.

Some of us have been saying it for a long time.

Caring about them is demanding no more illegal boat trips during which god knows how many tragically lose their lives.

As Starmer said yesterday, stopping the boats is not only humane and compassionate, it’s the right and legal thing to do alongside protecting our borders and anyone suggesting different simply isn’t serious.

You just haven’t got a viable solution.

There are a very few amount of people who want a superhighway built to facilitate asylum/economic migrants and most people don't want people to die in boats.

The middle ground is the key here and stopping the boats at source seems the option that Starmer is taking.

I read something last week which brought the whole thing into perspective.

Since 2014 there have been something like 250 deaths in the channel.

In the same period, there have been 17000 in the Med, with another 12000 unaccounted for, and likely dead.

Given this is all part of the same problem, and many of the same people involved, it's depressing how much of our attention goes to the few in the channel, when it's a much, much bigger problem.

There are a very few amount of people who want a superhighway build to facilitate asylum/economic migrants most people don't want people to die in boats.

The middle ground is the key here and stopping the boats at source seems the option that Starmer is taking.
It’s as effective as stopping drugs coming in. For every mafia boss caught, another pops up straight away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.