Keir Starmer

Imagine being bothered by a PM going to watch Taylor Swift , if I actually thought about it enough I wouldn’t expect a PM to pay for any entertainment tickets.

Imagine thinking that a man preaching about all being in it together and tough choices whilst riding the gravy train is someone worth defending

The caveat there to be fair is it’s those with blinkers on that would have an issue with the house. It’s essentially he moved to a mates house for six weeks so his kid could get less disruption whilst he did his GCSE’s and the election was on.

I think people are thinking he got given 20k and went and rented a penthouse with it.
I think people know how it works. The issue is what it looks like, especially in the current climate. If money did change hands, i.e Keith put his hand in his pocket occasionally, there wouldn't be an issue.

I think people know how it works. The issue is what it looks like, especially in the current climate. If money did change hands, i.e Keith put his hand in his pocket occasionally, there wouldn't be an issue.

Really don’t think they do, they’re just seeing the £20k.

That’s exactly it. Arguing about the technicalities of it is like chucking someone off a car park and saying I didn’t kill them the fall did.

Public perception matters.

Imagine being bothered by a PM going to watch Taylor Swift , if I actually thought about it enough I wouldn’t expect a PM to pay for any entertainment tickets.

To be fair, if Keith told you it was day at 2am you would nod like a donkey and if he was pissing down your back and telling you it was raining you would believe him.

He is currently pissing down your back btw.

That’s exactly it. Arguing about the technicalities of it is like chucking someone off a car park and saying I didn’t kill them the fall did.

Public perception matters.

No, not arguing about it does exactly that. The technicalities of it make it a non story that wouldn’t have any impact on public perception. It’s the framing of the narrative that’s done that.

The interesting thing is there’s some in the right wing media questioning it themselves already, they’ve got to be careful they don’t go too far with trying to push it. I didn’t expect to see telegraph journalists defending Starmer already.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.