Keir Starmer

Do you realise that you‘re effectively campaigning for the Tories at the moment?

I said something similar to a priest in Hartlepool when they had their by-election a couple of years back.

They went on national TV slating Starmer and seemed to be astonished when they got a Tory MP.

Ideologies are fine, but sometimes the least bad is the best option.
Shame you weren't policing this thread 3 years ago because there was plenty of people 'effectively campaigning for the Tories'.

Or as I'd put it offering up their opinions on what they perceive to be the state of the labour party while recognising it was the least bad option.

What’s Starmer done to deserve being called a horrible **** other than not being as far to the left as you would like and weeding out those that have made Labour unelectable over the last 7 years?

Let's see

He excuses racism within the party if it suits his agenda (Neil Coyle, Ignoring the Forde Report)

He cosies up to the right wing factions of the party and allows them a free pass, for example his support for the Hindu council, a organisation set up by the bjp to act as a voice for modri government and stoke tension between hindu and muslim communities (east leicester being one).

He has practically ditched every leadership pledge and renaged on most of his comitments that got him voted in.

He has allowed a local level witch hunt of members both left wing or just who disagree with some of his policies and issues suspensions on the most tenuous reasons, while others have been allowed to carry on.

His fence sitting on trans issues which has led to misogyny against some women in the party and also left trans members in limbo on what the party actually stand for.

His stance on the strikes was out of touch with memebers and the public.

His re-employment of that worm mandleson

His hypocrisy knows no bounds

Not arsed about corbyns suspension just so it's clear my dislike of starmer has fuck all to do with that clown

Last edited:
Shame you weren't policing this thread 3 years ago because there was plenty of people 'effectively campaigning for the Tories'.

Or as I'd put it offering up their opinions on what they perceive to be the state of the labour party while recognising it was the least bad option.
Indeed, now it’s just you and Rascal, fortunately.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face hasn’t worked ever for you, politically, has it?

Let's see

He excuses racism within the party if it suits his agenda (Neil Coyle, Ignoring the Forde Report)

He cosies up to the right wing factions of the party and allows them a free pass, for example his support for the Hindu council, a organisation set up by the bjp to act as a voice for modri government and stoke tension between hindu and muslim communities (east leicester being one).

He has practically ditched every leadership pledge and renaged on most of his comitments that got him voted in.

He has allowed a local level witch hunt of members both left wing or just who disagree with some of his policies and issues suspensions on the most tenuous reasons, while others have been allowed to carry on.

His fence sitting on trans issues which has led to misogyny against some women in the party and also left trans members in limbo on what the party actually stand for.

His stance on the strikes was out of touch with memebers and the public.

His re-employment of that worm mandleson

His hypocrisy knows no bounds

Not arsed about corbyns suspension just so it's clear my dislike of starmer has fuck all to do with that clown
Starmer’s focus is to make Labour acceptable to enough people so that it can win the next election. This means he’s going to piss off those on the left of the party who, although large in number in the Labour Party, are supported by a relatively small proportion of the electorate, and if they are given too much sway within the party it will put too many people off voting for Labour. It might even be the fault of scare stories from the right wing media that this is the case but unfortunately that’s the reality, and the left of the party need to accept the only priority is to win the next election and get rid of the most damaging government in recent British history. If that means supporting Starmer it should be a no brainer, and any damaging internal squabbles should be deferred till this happens.

Starmer’s focus is to make Labour acceptable to enough people so that it can win the next election. This means he’s going to piss off those on the left of the party who, although large in number in the Labour Party, are supported by a relatively small proportion of the electorate, and if they are given too much sway within the party it will put too many people off voting for Labour. It might even be the fault of scare stories from the right wing media that this is the case but unfortunately that’s the reality, and the left of the party need to accept the only priority is to win the next election and get rid of the most damaging government in recent British history. If that means supporting Starmer it should be a no brainer, and any damaging internal squabbles should be deferred till this happens.
I said he was a lesser of two evils and labour needs to win the next election.

I can still find him a hypocritical twat and dislike him, but he will be better that the loons we have now

I said he was a lesser of two evils and labour needs to win the next election.

I can still find him a hypocritical twat and dislike him, but he will be better that the loons we have now
Fair enough.

However there’s still far too many people that will help the Tories by not voting at all if Labour isn’t ideologically pure enough for them. They’re part of the problem.

Fair enough.

However there’s still far too many people that will help the Tories by not voting at all if Labour isn’t ideologically pure enough for them. They’re part of the problem.
Think there are many more votes to gained for Labour out in the real world than they’ll lose in the debating rooms of those that think they aren’t left wing enough.So they can’t waste time worrying what they think.

Labour will not win the next GE with this utter clown at the helm.

Mark my words.

He’s the worst opposition leader of all time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.