Keir Starmer

What aren't the same are the pledges Starmer made to seize power and the privatisation/ austerity policies he's trotting out now. He knows the public basically have no choice but to vote for him unless we want the Tories in again, and that is empowering him to treat the electorate, unions and NHS with utter contempt.
I’ve not seen those policies but if it is the case then how the hell would Labour win the GE? Every person and their dog would see right through him and basically stick with what we’ve got.

I wouldn’t vote for a Labour government with that attitude.

I’ve not seen those policies but if it is the case then how the hell would Labour win the GE? Every person and their dog would see right through him and basically stick with what we’ve got.

I wouldn’t vote for a Labour government with that attitude.
You will do and so will I, because it's the only alternative to what we have now. I want to see labour/ Starmer get in but I actually wouldn't trust him with a huge majority. I want it to be big enough that parliament isn't hung and there can be change, but not so big that he can ignore the left within labour so he is held to account.

Definitely not the same ....

Of course not. That's why she joined the Labour Party rather than the Nasty Party.

Even a cursory glance says she merely asked Osborne about the situation of a shadow Chancellor becoming Chancellor.

Reeves was wrong though about Lynch in his interview with Michelle Hussain. He wasn't rude to try and get her off a dead-end question that she wouldn't let go.

Of course not. That's why she joined the Labour Party rather than the Nasty Party.
There is a clear difference in the colour of the rosettes I will grant you that.
Even a cursory glance says she merely asked Osborne about the situation of a shadow Chancellor becoming Chancellor.
I only took a cursory glance myself and I can't get away from the image of Reeves and Osborne talking austerity to the soundtrack of 'things can only get better'.
Reeves was wrong though about Lynch in his interview with Michelle Hussain. He wasn't rude to try and get her off a dead-end question that she wouldn't let go.
I reckon Lynch is as arsed about that as he is about not getting on the guest list for the shindig which provided the setting for this soft soap 'insight'.

We need a little ‘Centrism’. Far RW or Far LW need to be put in the bin.

I agree but the idea that George Osborne represents the centre rather than far right viciousness born of privilege and entitlement is a bit fanciful to me. The degree to which the overton window has shifted in this country is incredible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.