Kelechi Iheanacho - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some posters weirdly agreed with MP last season.

He's the real deal.
A majority of City fans wanted another striker to backup Aguero. Sure most might have thought Bony was crap, but very few trusted Kelechi. You can check the We need a striker thread from the summer.

About 85 percent argued we definitely needed a striker coz we were light with an inexperienced Kelechi as backup to Aguero.

A clearly laughable claim now. Folks never learn (:

Rashford still has something more about him though according to Football Focus...

Assuming they've both got similar stats (I've not checked) then you probably do have to conclude that Rashford is the better player simply because he has the disadvantage of having to play in a side who's tactics consist of parking the bus and playing hoofball, where as Kelechi has the advantage of playing in a side that plays the most attractive and exciting attacking football yet seen in the PL.

Assuming they've both got similar stats (I've not checked) then you probably do have to conclude that Rashford is the better player simply because he has the disadvantage of having to play in a side who's tactics consist of parking the bus and playing hoofball, where as Kelechi has the advantage of playing in a side that plays the most attractive and exciting attacking football yet seen in the PL.
That may apply to Mourinho but it's an over-simplified view of Van Gaal's tactics last season when the rags saw plenty of the ball but weren't especially effective in possession, but the game would not have been passing Rashford by. As mentioned earlier it's not clear yet whether Rashford can be as effective at leading the line on his own whereas Kelechi has proved a very capable replacement for one of the world's top central strikers in the last two games.

They don't have remotely similar stats.

Nacho scores at a rate of 2:1 for minutes played and creates more assists.

Awesome finishing power. His goal scoring record is amazing
No argument with his scoring record, but I've been unconvinced his all round game was good enough to play the lone striker role in a Pep team. It's vital that the ball sticks and the striker retains possession. otherwise our attacking midfielders end up in no mans land, and it's this area of his game that has been concerning me. I thought he was sloppy against United, but he was much better yesterday. If he can improve this area of his game we'll have a hell of a player on our hands, because his finishing is natural and clinical.

I hadn't realised what a good game he had till I saw the highlights.

The excellent thing from me is he only has a shot in he thinks there's a very good chance of scoring. He looks for the better option otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.