Kelechi Iheanacho - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dream would be to find a way he and Aguero can play together the way Pep accommodated Muller and Lewandowski. Not to use all the time, but just so Iheanacho has more of a role in the squad than Sergio's understudy and can play more regularly than just whenever Aguero is ruled out through injury or suspension.

And what do we do if he scores a bunch of goals and is brilliant in the next 4 games but then Aguero comes back. Kelechi clearly isn't going to leapfrog him, but how can Pep just say well done and see you next time Aguero loses his head?

Not sure, mate ...but it's one problem we'd all like to see.

Although I've never been overly impressed with his passing for the first team, which is surprising considering his history as a #10. I can't really think of any great passes he's made - maybe it's just a confidence/role thing and he'll start showing that side more with a run of games. He did drop back and start the move that lead to Nolito's offside goal.

He's not a particularly flashy passer, but around the box he does get his head up and look at what is on as opposed to say Aguero's head down take everyone on and/or shoot approach.

I mean he has more assists than Silva this season in less than a 1/3 of the playing time.

Excited to see him what he can do whilst, hopefully, getting a run in the team.

A striker with his record deserves to be at a club where he's #1. Not saying we should get rid of him. I think it's a shame that Nolito took #9 though.

Five goals and three assists so far this season. It's about the same as Dwight Gayle got all season when he was playing for Palace.

Was invisible today for the most part (apart from drawing fouls that weren't even called and the simple back pass to Gundogan which should have been a goal, but was scuffed). But don't think taking him off was the solution. The problem was lack of service, Fernando off was a priority, bringing in Toure for Iheanacho was pointless.

Last edited:
Just saw that Iheanacho only had 18 touches! That's how cut off he was from any service. He did manage 2 key passes from that though, should have had a penalty. Was it Iheanacho's fault he was so invisible though? Maybe to some extent.

It did seem like Pep told him to stay in the middle and wait for service. Odd given he was never a point man and the twos defenders around him were massive thugs (with the ref turning a blind eye).

Still don't see the point in taking him off when you need to shore up the midfield.

Pep made a scapegoat of him today by subbing him at 3-0. No way on earth he was the one that deserved to get subbed. Continues to be treated terribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.