Kelechi Iheanacho - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? We're showing a lot of faith in him. He's a very, very good finisher, and has obvious talent, but the rest of his game is a bit off. Never really look that dangerous with Nacho up front.

Look at the situations he gets game time. It's either at the end of a game when we need an equaliser/winner or it's after sitting it out for a month until Sergio gets injured or suspended. Every time the pressure is sky high on him. The guy doesn't get game time when things are going well and then he's the one that gets pulled during that today. I just don't see how the message "if you don't score you're fucked" is a good message to be sending to him especially when he sees other players get chance after chance despite offering next to nothing e.g. Navas.

I mean, I don't mean to dismiss him. I think he's going to be a very special player, but he's just not there yet.

Sure, but part of the problem is he isn't getting game time when he could and then becomes our only option when Aguero is suddenly out. Iheanacho needs to be getting 20-30 minutes runs every 2-3 games at least, starting the odd game...

From 29th October to 13 December Iheanacho played a total of 13 minutes out of a possible 640 minutes. There is no excusing that, especially if he's the only other bonafide striker you have. You need to give him some playing time!

Seems better as a sub with less to do but score,i thought he took a kick on his ankle?
Not enough in his all round play to carry the team,noli would be a better option to start

Seems better as a sub with less to do but score,i thought he took a kick on his ankle?
Not enough in his all round play to carry the team,noli would be a better option to start
He was being held all game by Morgan. Without referee protection, no striker's going to do much under those circumstances.

Sure, but part of the problem is he isn't getting game time when he could and then becomes our only option when Aguero is suddenly out. Iheanacho needs to be getting 20-30 minutes runs every 2-3 games at least, starting the odd game...

From 29th October to 13 December Iheanacho played a total of 13 minutes out of a possible 640 minutes. There is no excusing that, especially if he's the only other bonafide striker you have. You need to give him some playing time!

Agree 100%. People think of him as a kid yet Pep decided at the start of the season that he was our number 2 striker. For a number 2 striker to play just 13 minutes in nearly 2 months you'd be convinced he must have been injured if you didn't know different.

True,Oliver gave us nothing at all

Some of those fouls on Iheanacho were just so blatant and shockingly Iheanacho did not draw a single foul, but got hit in the face twice if I remember right.
I was thinking maybe Pep decided to sub in Toure to give them some bigger than them to play with.

City career is over as far as I can see. Pep clearly doesn't fancy him.
That substitution will do wonders for his confidence as well (NOT).
Didn't do much wrong today. No service. Set up Gundogan who should have scored.

He could have made his offside run a bit better and then should have finished it. But other than that - did he really do anything wrong? It's not like he can pass the ball to himself. Should he have dropped deep to get the ball? Maybe, but what was Pep's tactic? Maybe he told him to stay up top. At 3:0 down should have just given him the full 90 minutes, no point in taking him off apart from hitting his confidence.

Pellegrini managed Iheanacho just so much better.

Career over lol,he was marked out of the game and was doing nothing so he had to come off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.