Kelechi Iheanacho - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the least of our problems. 2 nil down before he got a kick and had not support or service in game where he would need lots against 2 seasoned physical players in Huth and Morgan

Pep made a scapegoat of him today by subbing him at 3-0. No way on earth he was the one that deserved to get subbed. Continues to be treated terribly.
The commentator also said that pound for pound (minutes played) Nacho is the deadliest in the league! I thought it was a bizarre substitution to say the least! It won't do his confidence any good that's for sure.

When we won the league in 2012, we had 4 top class strikers in Kun, Balo, Tevez and Edin. Now we have Kun and a potentialy good striker in Kelechi, he hasn't been given the minutes at this level. With Kun being suspended the weight on his young in-experienced shoulders is immense, I don't think he's good enough too start, we neeed the other options that we had in 2012, that would help his development no end, bringing him off today when he was far from our worse performing player and we needed goals would feel like a huge kick in the nuts for him and won't do his confidence any good at all.

Pep made a scapegoat of him today by subbing him at 3-0. No way on earth he was the one that deserved to get subbed. Continues to be treated terribly.

Really? We're showing a lot of faith in him. He's a very, very good finisher, and has obvious talent, but the rest of his game is a bit off. Never really look that dangerous with Nacho up front.

When we won the league in 2012, we had 4 top class strikers in Kun, Balo, Tevez and Edin. Now we have Kun and a potentialy good striker in Kelechi, he hasn't been given the minutes at this level. With Kun being suspended the weight on his young in-experienced shoulders is immense, I don't think he's good enough too start, we neeed the other options that we had in 2012, that would help his development no end, bringing him off today when he was far from our worse performing player and we needed goals would feel like a huge kick in the nuts for him and won't do his confidence any good at all.

Well... Iheanacho should be getting more minutes in lesser games. Playing Aguero and not even subbing Iheanacho in won't help in his development. Note that Iheanacho didn't get a single minute of playing time for like a month and now he's the only go to striker but rusty from barely playing...

Another classic example of missmanagement by Pep.

Those 4 from 2012 were just what we need now. Each brought something different to the game, rotation was a lot easier.

Really? We're showing a lot of faith in him. He's a very, very good finisher, and has obvious talent, but the rest of his game is a bit off. Never really look that dangerous with Nacho up front.

For what its worth before the consolation goals at the end the two best shots at a goal came from an Iheanacho pass and a penalty shout on a foul on Iheanacho. Then there was also the minimal offside (albeit Kelechi failed to convert that one).

This is a good post, the lad should be really arguably 4th choice, getting games when appropriate learning his trade without being relied on as 2nd choice behind a very currently questionable Kun, whom dare I say needs to shake both his attitude and effort up sharpish.

For what its worth before the consolation goals at the end the two best shots at a goal came from an Iheanacho pass and a penalty shout on a foul on Iheanacho. Then there was also the minimal offside (albeit Kelechi failed to convert that one).

I mean, I don't mean to dismiss him. I think he's going to be a very special player, but he's just not there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.