Kelechi Iheanacho

Kelichi to get another run out this evening? Dint think he was eligable but Manual speaking like he will feature...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-fc-pre-season-tour-7514817" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ur-7514817</a>?

Manuel Pellegrini hopes to see City's young stars take their chance against AC Milan.

The Blues kick off their International Champions Cup campaign against the Italians on Sunday, but are still without a number of players who featured at the World Cup.

That means the club's youth products will be handed the opportunity to impress - and Pellegrini is keen to see his youngsters shine.

"We have a lot of young players here with us. Some of them played the game against Kansas," he said.

"We have Kelechi Iheanacho, Greg Leigh, Jason Denayer. Its an important chance for them to show what they can do, and maybe this moment it is their moment.

"We have five players who have just returned from their break after the World Cup and another five or six that are still to join the squad.

"So I think that they are working well and playing well and they have to take their chance."

The Chilean went on to insist that he has not been surprised by impressive performances from the likes of Leigh and Iheanacho.

"No-one has surprised me really because I already know all of them," he added.

"It's important for the new players to know the way we work here, but I’ve not been surprised."

I hope he plays tonight along with Denayer,Rekik and Zucullini.

These lads could be a huge bonus this season.

FantasyIreland said:
oldius said:
FantasyIreland said:
I can see the Mario comparisons,a similar style and arrogance are evident and i'm not convinced he'll be easy to manage.......however,i definitely think this lad is more focused,and more determined,to be the best than the often distracted Italian.

My main concern is his loyalty,just a feeling that he would bugger off elsewhere if an opportunity presents itself.The club needs to quickly manage his obvious ego and make him feel loved,convince him his future lies here and no where else,as I reckon we have a diamond on our hands.

I do wonder how opinions such as this are formed.

My opinion is predominantly based on nothing more than gut feeling......together with the fact he,and his father/agent,spent a good while giving us the run around by chasing the best payday before committing themselves to a pre-contract.That,coupled with his very obvious 'confidence',suggests to me he may possibly be 'high maintenance'.

Obviously,i hope i'm well wide of the mark.

And I think your opinion is correct.

r.soleofsalford said:
oldius said:
FantasyIreland said:
I can see the Mario comparisons,a similar style and arrogance are evident and i'm not convinced he'll be easy to manage.......however,i definitely think this lad is more focused,and more determined,to be the best than the often distracted Italian.

My main concern is his loyalty,just a feeling that he would bugger off elsewhere if an opportunity presents itself.The club needs to quickly manage his obvious ego and make him feel loved,convince him his future lies here and no where else,as I reckon we have a diamond on our hands.

Drug abuse

Fixed....

FantasyIreland said:
oldius said:
FantasyIreland said:

My opinion is predominantly based on nothing more than gut feeling......together with the fact he,and his father/agent,spent a good while giving us the run around by chasing the best payday before committing themselves to a pre-contract.That,coupled with his very obvious 'confidence',suggests to me he may possibly be 'high maintenance'.

Obviously,i hope i'm well wide of the mark.

The kid was the talk of the entire U17 tournament and on the road to signing his first ever professional contract. They weren't chasing the best possible payday as much as they were chasing who was going to help him develop and play in the first team sooner rather than later because he means so much to the Nigerian FA. But at least it's good to know that former and current Nigerian internationals have gotten a hold up of him and his family and let him know how to manage his expectations in Europe and told him he won't be a star overnight. Give him a year or two before we worry about how his attitude is affecting his play.

The only Balo comparison I see is there's a lot of talk of him being the key to the next "golden generation" so there's already an immense amount of pressure on him. Other than that, most just compare him to Rui Costa.

mcfc2607 said:
I thought he wasn't allowed to play again

Isnt it one match in the tournament for non signed players?

Kansas wasnt part of the tournament so hopefully he's ok to play tonight.

moomba said:
mcfc2607 said:
I thought he wasn't allowed to play again

Isnt it one match in the tournament for non signed players?

Kansas wasnt part of the tournament so hopefully he's ok to play tonight.

During the Kansas game the commentators were saying that due to visa requirements, he wouldn't be able to feature in any other game in the U.S. Hopefully they are wrong. I'd like to watch him again this aft..

Cityisland said:
Kelichi to get another run out this evening? Dint think he was eligable but Manual speaking like he will feature...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-fc-pre-season-tour-7514817" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ur-7514817</a>?

Manuel Pellegrini hopes to see City's young stars take their chance against AC Milan.

The Blues kick off their International Champions Cup campaign against the Italians on Sunday, but are still without a number of players who featured at the World Cup.

That means the club's youth products will be handed the opportunity to impress - and Pellegrini is keen to see his youngsters shine.

"We have a lot of young players here with us. Some of them played the game against Kansas," he said.

"We have Kelechi Iheanacho, Greg Leigh, Jason Denayer. Its an important chance for them to show what they can do, and maybe this moment it is their moment.

"We have five players who have just returned from their break after the World Cup and another five or six that are still to join the squad.

"So I think that they are working well and playing well and they have to take their chance."

The Chilean went on to insist that he has not been surprised by impressive performances from the likes of Leigh and Iheanacho.

"No-one has surprised me really because I already know all of them," he added.

"It's important for the new players to know the way we work here, but I’ve not been surprised."
Tbf nowhere in the interview does MP say he intends to play him tonight. He is simply making the point we have players like him in the squad.
Pity as would love to see him again.

mad zab said:
Jon we have just signed Fernando...he will not be afringe player

Also Jovetic has had a terrible season with injury...but is a quality player.

I also think you need to remember these are pre-season games and are to gain fitness

I am sure this Nigerian squad are very good...but at the moment they are just starting out and you can only tell when they have a full season how good they may become.

Hopefully we sign Iheanacho and he becomes the superstar we are looking for. Only time will tell

Sure. I'm just saying from my experience of watching these guys at two tournaments. Yes, they were playing against other youth, but some stuff just stands out regardless of age.

The thing is with these players, that I've never before seen a group od youngsters play at the level the Nigeria U17 played. Nigeria has won the U17 World Cup before, but its not the fact that they won it that counts. It how they did it and what football they played.

BTW I have said this before, but the general consensus about this U17 team was that Iheanacho wasn't the best player, Isaac Success was (currently with Udinese, on load at Granada). Both players are mouthwatering prospects.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.