Kelechi Iheanacho

I can see the Mario comparisons,a similar style and arrogance are evident and i'm not convinced he'll be easy to manage.......however,i definitely think this lad is more focused,and more determined,to be the best than the often distracted Italian.

My main concern is his loyalty,just a feeling that he would bugger off elsewhere if an opportunity presents itself.The club needs to quickly manage his obvious ego and make him feel loved,convince him his future lies here and no where else,as I reckon we have a diamond on our hands.

FantasyIreland said:
I can see the Mario comparisons,a similar style and arrogance are evident and i'm not convinced he'll be easy to manage.......however,i definitely think this lad is more focused,and more determined,to be the best than the often distracted Italian.

My main concern is his loyalty,just a feeling that he would bugger off elsewhere if an opportunity presents itself.The club needs to quickly manage his obvious ego and make him feel loved,convince him his future lies here and no where else,as I reckon we have a diamond on our hands.

I do wonder how opinions such as this are formed.

oldius said:
FantasyIreland said:

Was thinking the same.

FantasyIreland said:
Other than his strange post above,jon Stakes has previously contributed well iirc.

Sorry. I'll explain myself.
My post was a bit rash and was hence misinterpreted:
I meant the players on the U17/U20 squad for Nigeria look like better players than fringe players on show with Manchester City in this particular Kansas City game. The quality of football played by the Nigerian U17 squad is higher than that of Man City fringe players and that's what makes this group of players so frightening. Obviously they are no Toure's, Silva's and so on (at least not yet).

I'm just saying that Kelechi Iheanacho is great, but he's not the only one as whenever I've seen Chidere Nwakali (shame he didn't play in the US), Musa Yahaya, Isaac Success, Musa Muhammad, Taiwo Awoniyi play they looked way more talented than Manchester City fringe players like Boyata, Sinclair, Jovetic, Rekik, Guidetti, Fernando, Huws.

This is Nigeria's golden generation and it'll be interesting to see whether the players manage to fulfill the potential.

jon stakes said:
FantasyIreland said:
Other than his strange post above,jon Stakes has previously contributed well iirc.

I meant the players on the U17/U20 squad for Nigeria look like better players than fringe players on show with Manchester City in this particular Kansas City game. The quality of football played by the Nigerian U17 squad is higher than that of Man City fringe players and that's what makes this group of players so frightening. Obviously they are no Toure's, Silva's and so on (at least not yet).

I'm just saying that Kelechi Iheanacho is great, but he's not the only one as whenever I've seen Chidere Nwakali (shame he didn't play in the US), Musa Yahaya, Isaac Success, Musa Muhammad, Taiwo Awoniyi play they looked way more talented than Manchester City fringe players like Boyata, Sinclair, Jovetic, Rekik, Guidetti, Fernando, Huws.

This is Nigeria's golden generation and it'll be interesting to see whether the players manage to fulfill the potential.

Jon we have just signed Fernando...he will not be afringe player

Also Jovetic has had a terrible season with injury...but is a quality player.

I also think you need to remember these are pre-season games and are to gain fitness

I am sure this Nigerian squad are very good...but at the moment they are just starting out and you can only tell when they have a full season how good they may become.

Hopefully we sign Iheanacho and he becomes the superstar we are looking for. Only time will tell

jon stakes said:
FantasyIreland said:

???

Jovetic is quality and injuries willing will be a standout player for us this coming season.
Fernando has only just signed and like Jovetic is hardly a "fringe" player either. I expect big things of him this season too.
Rekik & Huws are just making the step up and should be fine (Huws especially has a decent chance of making it with us).

You're judging City playing just their 3rd pre season game against men versus Nigerian U17's playing against other U17's, there is no comparison whatsoever.

oldius said:
FantasyIreland said:

My opinion is predominantly based on nothing more than gut feeling......together with the fact he,and his father/agent,spent a good while giving us the run around by chasing the best payday before committing themselves to a pre-contract.That,coupled with his very obvious 'confidence',suggests to me he may possibly be 'high maintenance'.

Obviously,i hope i'm well wide of the mark.

oldius said:
FantasyIreland said:

Drug use

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.