Kelechi Iheanacho

ive known kc too well and i know for sure dat he cares too little about the hype..kelechi is a complete natural,and his goals are just an icing to the cake..he is a born baller..time will tell

Again, if Rashford was here and Iheanacho over there then Rashford would be better.

They're two good, promising young strikers who aren't in any kind of competition with each other. Both have taken their chance with both hands and honestly, given their body of work this season, those who say Rashford "isn't all that" but Iheanacho is are just oddly bitter about something that matters not one jot.

We have Iheanacho and that's all that matters.
Nail on head

The only reason Rashford got a few games was due to the Rags injury situation , Nacho has worked his way into the squad over a couple of seasons , and despite a stubborn manager is now the prefered choice to a £25m striker , Rashford could still prove to be a "flash in the pan" , where as Nacho is here to stay

The only reason Rashford got a few games was due to the Rags injury situation , Nacho has worked his way into the squad over a couple of seasons , and despite a stubborn manager is now the prefered choice to a £25m striker , Rashford could still prove to be a "flash in the pan" , where as Nacho is here to stay

Or...

Iheanacho has gradually introduced to the first team by a manager careful not to overexpose him while he is still finding his feet in a new country and among new teammates to a point where said manager now believes Nacho is ready to step up and play more minutes.

Don't come on here spitting all this sense stuff. Your right though, I think a lot are just being protective of our lad, but until he gets a run of games to demonstrate one way or the other, it's simply hoping he will be

That said nearly every time he has played with the first team in the past 2 years (preseason included) he has been good if not great. Yes, we need to see him consistently but even though we haven't when we HAVE seen him he is consistently excellent for his age. I will take that over Rashford's 4 good weeks.

Comparison is tough to make at this stage because Rashford is playing from the start (but in a shit team that doesn't create much) and Nacho is generally coming on for a couple of minutes at the end in games we have already won and most of the team are waiting for the final whistle. From the small glimpses of Nacho we have had in situations where the game is still live he has looked very impressive and full of potential. Also on Rashford, I think I read somewhere recently that he has a crazy high chance conversion ratio, something like 50% while Kun is at about 20% which to me suggests he is going through a very purple patch and won't be able to maintain this kind of goal scoring rate for long (those figures are probably not accurate and I can't be arsed looking for the article but you get the point)

Edit: looked that up and Rashford is 50%, Messi is 17%

THIS ^ More Purple than Prince. RIP

I think even our own fans are buying into the Rashford hype, even slating fellow blue's for being too biased? Here's my opinion the two best academies in the England at this moment in time are Chelsea's and City's based on the results the teams have been getting in recent years anyone arguing against that need's to take a good look at the landscape... some may claim "That means nothin though" how else would you judge a clubs youth development on if not results? Some of these players might end up moving on if they aren't given the right chances true enough but they are still being given the best foundations to make something of themselves.

This guy Alex knows his stuff he goes to all the youth games so it's not "baseless" he saw Rashford at youth level and he wasn't anywhere near the best player on the pitch(in fact in the back pocket of one of our defenders as he put it) he's simply responded to the pressure of being thrown into the big time and raised his game to his credit, individuals react differently to situations like this so it's more of an unexpected pleasant surprise for them than planned progression:

Look at every level below EDS(EDS is the immediate future it's maybe too soon to reap the investment there although I'd be happy to be proved wrong on that) and it's clear the next few years not only will we be bringing players through that can slot right into the first team(same playing style at every level), some of them will be English and Man City fans to boot.

As for Kelechi, as much as I like him(seems a really decent lad) he isn't actually a product of our academy at all, I see it too often clubs buying 18+ year olds and then claiming that when it's just not true. Kelechi does show our scouting is getting much better because he is a real talent, when he first came and was thrown in with the first team on tour and when he played in the EDS it was evident he was a level above. Compared to Rashford or for his age Kelechi is very strong, it's never been a weak point for this kid by any stretch of imagination(above the norm IMO), he does display he has a better footballing brain... look at his assists, look at his movement off the ball, his 1-2s he's already showing it how is that baseless? Rashford is not that type of player.

Last edited:
Or...

Iheanacho has gradually introduced to the first team by a manager careful not to overexpose him while he is still finding his feet in a new country and among new teammates to a point where said manager now believes Nacho is ready to step up and play more minutes.
Kelechi should have had way more game time, whose knows how many more points we would have gained if he got more minutes. The 0-0 vs villa was the ultimate pisstake by Pellegrini, instead of bring on kelechi he brings on another midfielder and plays without a striker against the worst in the league bizarre. Reckon Kelechi will find it even more difficult to get games next season once bony is replaced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.