Kelechi Iheanacho

I think there is a general overestimation on the scale of squad reshaping that will go on this summer. It is very difficult to move players on when they are on big wages so shifting Bony out is unlikely unless we subsidise his wages somewhere and I don’t think we would do that after 18 months of a 5 year deal. Bony will go if we get a decent offer and that puts it at less than 50:50 in my book. We will get some space in the squad if we can work things in our favour with home grown players coming in to replace foreign players. Denayer for Demi would give us the required number of CBs and frees up one space. Yaya out frees up one space but if Nasri stays then he takes that for CL football. Kolarov and Zab might leave but then they need replacing like for like. So in summary I see the strikers being the same next year in all likelihood the change I suspect is Nacho moving ahead of Bony in the pecking order but also possibly putting pressure on the 3 behind the striker.
If Bony is anywhere near the gaff next season we are doomed. I appreciate he is on a long contract but loan him out pronto then. Perhaps back to the Swans? But to have him taking up a valuable squad place would be madness. Now one proviso. Perhaps Pep has seen something which practically the entire Blue side of Manchester has not and believes he can turn him into a decent footballer!!

Bony might have massively underperformed since joining but he did really well to set up Kelechi's second goal. That type of thing is what I was hoping to see when he joined.

Only a career in the game will tell who is statistically better, and both are very young lads with plenty of promise ahead of them. I am genuinely excited to see what Pep can bring out of Kelechi, the potential to be absolutely world class is most definitely there and he's ours.

Too early to judge but you may be right. Kelechi would be more in the mould/class of Martial who I think will be a big player for the rags over the next few seasons. Rashford just might struggle moving forward. Nacho already is far better than Bony and is potentially a 40-50 million man. Will he realise that potential? That is the question which still has to be answered.

I think Rashford will be a Hernandes (little Pee) kind of player & Iheanacho will be a more strikerish version of DeBruyne.

Over Sturridge and Welbeck is taking the hype way too far now... you see what happens? You see what happens?

He looked a bit overawed tonight I thought. He didn't react quickly enough to what was going on around him.

That said, he's a class act. There's no reason why he can't be as good as if not better than Sturridge in a couple of years time which'll do me nicely.

He looked a bit overawed tonight I thought. He didn't react quickly enough to what was going on around him.

That said, he's a class act. There's no reason why he can't be as good as if not better than Sturridge in a couple of years time which'll do me nicely.

I don't think a Champions League semifinal vs Real is the best time to throw in a 19 year old. Overawed is exactly the word, but truth be told, the whole team got pushed back in the 2nd half. Still, I hope that he'll be less fearful if he has to play the second leg

Is it just me though or did de Bruyne and Aguero totally ignore him when it came to passing him the ball? Similarly Sterling seemed to choose the wrong option of not passing him the ball, when Iheanacho was better positioned.

Is it just me though or did de Bruyne and Aguero totally ignore him when it came to passing him the ball? Similarly Sterling seemed to choose the wrong option of not passing him the ball, when Iheanacho was better positioned.

yes a number of times iheanacho was in great positions but they chose not to pass to him, sergio seems to be getting greedier with each passing game, he needs to get out of that and quickly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.