Kelechi Iheanacho

At the beginning of the season we were saying Kelechi is better than Martial, now he is better than Rashford !

Right now Kelechi is outstanding finisher, but outside the box he become less than average.

I am waiting to see him dribble, protect the ball, keep possession...etc and in order to see that he needs to start games regularly.

You don't half post some odd stuff for a Blue.

Kelechi's preferred position is rather deeper than the one he plays for the first team. I think he's shown more than enough promise outside the box.

"Less than average" is bullshit.

I wouldn't dispute the Rashford hype sentiment (a propaganda wankfest accompanies every rag youth academy graduation as a matter of course - and the fact that Rashford was only given a chance because there was almost literally no-one else fit is naturally ignored by the media), but I've not seen much to support your assertion that Kelechi is "clearly better than him" and the claim that he "would have performed better than him if given the chance" is pure speculation.
Kelechi has scored just twice in the league (no-one could seriously count the back deflection vs Swansea), and one of those was a tap in from two yards at Palace.
I like Iheanacho; he's an excellent goal poacher in the 6 yard box and a smart finisher generally, but outside the box I would say he's been good rather than eye catching.
Much as it pains me to say it, Rashford looks a menace every time I see him. He's tall, he's lightning fast, and he's not just scoring goals, but scoring them in big games (Arsenal, City, West Ham). Kelechi might go on to become a top, top striker, but if I'm being cold blooded on what I've seen so far, I'd take Rashford if offered a choice between the two, although the call is undeniably a close one
You're right it's more speculation (and bias towards our team) on my end, however I am just frustrated that he doesn't get the chance to showcase what he's got on a permanent basis. I hope nobody takes this as a slight towards Rashford, it's more about our Nacho not getting his chance. His finish against Tottenham is (for me) amazing for his age. The only players on our team that would hit it that convincingly hard and accurate in our team are Kun, KDB, and Yaya (that I can think of).

Just for balance, Rashford as good as he is and as good as he has taken his chance, is only playing because of the poor form and injury to wig head the fact the rags have nothing else right now.

Had they an established, fit and firing strike force you would never have heard of the lad, despite the Rags give youth a chance mantra being peddled.

Who knows how good Iheanacho is, for some reason the manager is doing his absolute best to ensure he plays as little as possible. Even when he's been coming on instead of Bony for 3 minutes that's only because the crowd are singing his name.

Holistic manager my arse

Spot on mate.

I wouldn't swap Kelechi for the lad but I wouldn't turn my nose up if we managed to sign him either.

Both are going to be top players without a doubt.
From where I was sat, Rashford was top class in the first half of the Derby. Great touch, supreme strength and no slouch in the speed department.

I think the two of them would make a brilliant partnership.

I understand the reluctance of blues to accept any united youth product is the real deal after years of propaganda, lies and nauseating press fawning on the subject, but even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day - and I think this could be one such occasion.

From where I was sat, Rashford was top class in the first half of the Derby. Great touch, supreme strength and no slouch in the speed department.

I think the two of them would make a brilliant partnership.

I understand the reluctance of blues to accept any united youth product is the real deal after years of propaganda, lies and nauseating press fawning on the subject, but even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day - and I think this could be one such occasion.

Agree mate. The kid has pace and power in abundance and the confidence within himself to show it and when in front of goal, he has shown he knows how to put it away as well.

He is a fantastic prospect without a doubt.

Who knows how good Iheanacho is, for some reason the manager is doing his absolute best to ensure he plays as little as possible. Even when he's been coming on instead of Bony for 3 minutes that's only because the crowd are singing his name.

Holistic manager my arse

Yeah Pellegrini listens to the crowd and bases his decisions on that.

Yet another one who doesn't know what Ferran was talking about when he used that word.

Van Gaal seems to have given quite a few young players a chance compared with Pellegrini, although Rashford seems to have been fortuitous because of injury.
He does look a hell of a prospect though.
I like the look of Iheanacho as well but we haven't seen enough of him against Premier league opposition to make much judgement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.