Kelechi Iheanacho

I did not need to watch the highlights, I watched the whole game as I have done for most of Leicesters matches this season.
If you had written that post two months ago about Kelechi it would have more substance.
Personally always rated him as my post suggests, but at the time he left he was not near being a regular at City. We got a good fee at the time. If he had stayed at City and scored 14 goals in his first 76 games as he did at Leicester he would have been slaughtered. Jesus has a really great scoring record and still gets battered.
So unless you are suggesting he should have hung around at City for the last however many years, waiting for an opportunity, I am not sure what your point was.
I didn't mention money or spending so not sure why you included that in your reply.
You say "he is not quite good enough for us". That's now. That has nothing to do with where he has been and how long it took him. He's going to be insanely good, in fact he is insanely good.

He always had the talent. It took him a a run of games to show what he could do. Who knew a player has to play to show he can play? Tony Book was playing amateur football till Allison picked him up. He was never good enough till he got a chance.

Bit of a rant about the money. We have the best academy in the world and one player that has come through. Kelechi could have been another if he was properly brought into the side but that didn't happen here nor at Leicester. Leicester got a lucky break when they were forced to give him a run.

He's not wrong though. He has to be a contender, but I think he's just a level below the top. His bottle jobs would be a concern.
He needs to win stuff in this league, then his stock may rise to required levels.

Anyone thinks Kelechi could have an impact with 4 players marking him like Jesus is mad, he suits Leicester & can play on the break but his touch looked awful in Peps City. He’s good, he’s a Lukaku but not better than we have. If he was any good he’d have stopped us winning the title 2 years ago.

You say "he is not quite good enough for us". That's now. That has nothing to do with where he has been and how long it took him. He's going to be insanely good, in fact he is insanely good.

He always had the talent. It took him a a run of games to show what he could do. Who knew a player has to play to show he can play? Tony Book was playing amateur football till Allison picked him up. He was never good enough till he got a chance.

Bit of a rant about the money. We have the best academy in the world and one player that has come through. Kelechi could have been another if he was properly brought into the side but that didn't happen here nor at Leicester. Leicester got a lucky break when they were forced to give him a run.
We’ve hardly suffered in his absence.

Anyone thinks Kelechi could have an impact with 4 players marking him like Jesus is mad, he suits Leicester & can play on the break but his touch looked awful in Peps City. He’s good, he’s a Lukaku but not better than we have. If he was any good he’d have stopped us winning the title 2 years ago.
He’s a much better talent than Jesus but less of a workhorse. He’s more Sturridge than Lukaku. And that miss had nout to do with not being good.

Always liked Kelechi. Talented and comes across well. However, his first touch was simply not good enough for the way we play.

Happy to see him doing well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.