Kelechi Iheanacho

The form he's in is quite unbelievable. Managed at least one goal or assist in nine of his last ten games for Leicester- the only time he didn't get one was vs us! In those ten matches he's averaging 1.5 goal contributions per match. It genuinely is one of the most productive 10-game spells I've ever seen.

I'm frustrated because I've said all along that he's been capable of this the whole time. Turns out it's impossible to perform when you know that no matter how well you play and how badly he plays, Jamie Vardy will replace you at some point in the near future.

With 22 G+A in just 21 starts this season, I'd be surprised if any player from Europe's top 5 leagues can top Kelechi's incredible ratio this season.

Since he came back into the starting XI, Leicester City have scored 20 goals. 15 of those were either scored or assisted by Iheanacho. The degree to which he's carrying them is unprecedented in PL history as far as I'm aware.
That’s a great piece of research.

That’s a great piece of research.
That is, but it does not tell the whole story by a long shot. Vardy could not finish his dinner at the minute, but it is movement which is making some (not all mind) of the space for Kel. Unfortunately, Jamie is going to be a problem over the next year or two despite his contribution.

Watched him closely tonight.As an out and out striker id swap him for Jesus.

We can cover for Jesus,who is primarilly a wide forward,especially so if another comes in,but we are short in the no.9 stakes and this lad looks like he has improved enough to do a decent job for us.

Clearly i would like him as an understudy to Haaland.

Watched him closely tonight.As an out and out striker id swap him for Jesus.
I wouldn't. Certainly not on the basis of his performance today. I thought he was rather lazy and quite poor overall, although difficult to judge on a game just before a cup final as he may have been playing within himself.

Obviously he's been scoring plenty and it will be interesting to see if he can maintain those standards or if it is just a purple patch.

I wouldn't. Certainly not on the basis of his performance today. I thought he was rather lazy and quite poor overall, although difficult to judge on a game just before a cup final as he may have been playing within himself.

Obviously he's been scoring plenty and it will be interesting to see if he can maintain those standards or if it is just a purple patch.
I'm surprised , I thought he played well with good movement , his link up play was good and one of Leicesters best players on the day.

Thought he had a good game.
Not as energetic as Jesus but I think his overall play is better.

Iheanacho should stay at Leicester. He's had his moments but his form was always patchy until his recent run, where he's massively benefitted from playing regularly. The longer this continues, the better he'll be for it. You can see how much more confident he is these days.

Moving to City he'd be in and out of the team. Even at City, the players that aren't frequent starters regularly struggle to hit their best form in each game (something I think is taken for granted by we fans). Iheanacho would likely suffer from the same problem, and then we'd have to ask ourselves how good he could really be, for us specifically.

I don't think he'd be bad for us or anything, but we wouldn't get the Iheanacho we see at Leicester if he came here.

Thought he was decent today, he has good vision, but not quite up to his recent insane standards.
Be interesting to see what happens if we do make CL, as it sounds like Edouard is likely (Along with Gosens, Soumare and a winger) meaning Kel will ne far less reliant on just Vardy and a malfunctioning Maddison.

The form he's in is quite unbelievable. Managed at least one goal or assist in nine of his last ten games for Leicester- the only time he didn't get one was vs us! In those ten matches he's averaging 1.5 goal contributions per match. It genuinely is one of the most productive 10-game spells I've ever seen.

I'm frustrated because I've said all along that he's been capable of this the whole time. Turns out it's impossible to perform when you know that no matter how well you play and how badly he plays, Jamie Vardy will replace you at some point in the near future.

With 22 G+A in just 21 starts this season, I'd be surprised if any player from Europe's top 5 leagues can top Kelechi's incredible ratio this season.

Since he came back into the starting XI, Leicester City have scored 20 goals. 15 of those were either scored or assisted by Iheanacho. The degree to which he's carrying them is unprecedented in PL history as far as I'm aware.
And?

Where was he for the two previous seasons?

He is as you rightly say in a good rum of form at this stage we can't say more than that.

If he comes back next season and continues in that vain, there may be a top player there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.