Kenny Clements

the goats backside said:
I remember being sat on the back row of the platt lane when he broke a leg, still remember the noise today
If i'm right i think that was against Ipswich Town. He is also a very good artist, he was on the north west news many years ago showing his etchins.

Lucky Toma said:
I remember a guy standing near to me in the Kippax booming out,
'Oi Clements, when you get home at night does your son ask you, 'Dad, why are you so shit?'

Got a good laugh that one.

The "Dont slag off the players while they are in a City shirt" Police would have you beaten for that kind of comment these days!!!!

fbloke said:
scorer said:
really strange, driving along the other day and his image and name flashed into my head... since then I've not been able to think about City without seeing him.

The older posters will remember him.

I could never work out whether I liked him or not. From what I recollect he had the pace of a snail and was invariable always in the wrong place at the wrong time. Yet he was a regular for a couple of years..... any other memories of him.

He was so one footed as to find it difficult to walk and not hop!

So must be very hard to be a driving instructor what with brake and clutch movements with one foot!!!

Fond memories of Kenny "the pointer" Clements long before that scouse imposter.

He started out as an apprentice groundsman at Park Road Stadium (City's former training ground in Cheadle for you young uns)

He chased me and me pals off the main pitch a few times .
We used to sneak on when we thought every one had left for the day.

Happy days

Was my driving instructor.

I only passed 2nd time so his teaching was as inconsistent as his form :-)

Bizarrely, his name keeps popping into my head too. Has been doing for a couple of weeks. Odd.

he popped into my head to walking home from work the other day but that was because for the millionth time i was pondering about where it had all gone wrong and i thought back to peter swales and how he panicked over a few draws over christmas and brought in malcolm allison and gave tony book the boot...the biggest mistake ever.....i remembered being at the match with my dad on the side of the pitch where kenny broke his leg against ipswich and it was following his injury that our form stuttered...i always remembered him as offering an outlet on the right hand side, just like donachie on the left..god what a great team, like all great teams you could real the names off in your head, same players every week, solid at the back, great blend in midfield between industry and creativity and a potent attack.-..with our outstanding player out injury never to recapture his former glory.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.