Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoped palace game was him back on track, he was poor yesterday. Hope similar to a few they get a good break in the summer, get refreshed with their heads screwed on.
The break will sure do them a world of good but remember we'd then have another sixty something games to play afterwards

Reading this thread it reads like Maureeno was right.
Fellaini over kdb. Maureen and bluemoaners may be in agreement.

For me he is taking a lot of responsibility now. Works very hard and is a great player.
Great player no doubt but we shouldn't turn a blind eye to his weaknesses as though they never existed.

The break will sure do them a world of good but remember we'd then have another sixty something games to play afterwards

Great player no doubt but we shouldn't turn a blind eye to his weaknesses as though they never existed.

All players have weaknesses and they need to work on these. And kdb has a few areas where he could improve.
Some of the comments on this thread howevercome from the weakness of football knowledge of bluemooners.

All players have weaknesses and they need to work on these. And kdb has a few areas where he could improve.
Some of the comments on this thread howevercome from the weakness of football knowledge of bluemooners.
and a number of them are also genuine critical assessments. I love KDB and I hope he will shake off the weaknesses and deliver such performances as the one at the swamp earlier this season more consistently

I think the reason some people have trouble with his performances is that he doesn't fit the mold of any 'great' player, his tool set is so vast.

His strengths are that he has a killer long pass and cross, and is a decent finisher (imagine how many more goals he'd have if half of those post shots went in, and nobody would be debating his contribution). His game is mostly reliant on being a stat padder, he wants to assist or score, in this sense it would seem the role of CAM or SS is ideal for him.

He isn't like Silva or Iniesta wherein he can dominate the midfield with agility and close controlled passing, and nor is he a midfield tank like Tottenham's pairing (Wanyama and Dembele). So he is in an awkward spot, the free 8 role is fine but when Silva is the more advanced 8, he has to stay back and that hinders him a little.

Honestly not sure what the best solution is, either Silva should be the deeper 8, or when we finally got proper fullbacks who can keep the width he can play as a wide inverted attacking midfielder, or he continues his development as the more withdrawn 8. A possible solution is going 4-2-2-2 and giving him the wide role, in this formation the wide attacking midfielders have freedom to drift inwards and become the playmaker, although I wouldn't sacrifice Pep's plan/formation for just one player.

I believe it's difficult for him to truly flourish here whilst Silva is still at the club. In my view, they are both at their best when they are given the freedom to roam in an attacking midfield role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.