Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of the people who think DeBruyne won't play, also wanted to sign Kroos to do fuck all in a position which doesn't exist in the team ?

I'm just wondering if there's some kind of Homer Simpson 5th column.
There's a lot of competition. It's not out of the question that he doesn't play.

There's a lot of competition. It's not out of the question that he doesn't play.
I'm sure there will be games he doesn't play, just as there will be games Silva is rested, Sterling rotated etc etc.
The big games are the testament to who are the main men and I'm sure KDB will feature in them all if fit.

I'm sure there will be games he doesn't play, just as there will be games Silva is rested, Sterling rotated etc etc.
The big games are the testament to who are the main men and I'm sure KDB will feature in them all if fit.
Yeah, rotation will mean all the players get their chances. But as of now I don't see KDB being a main player.

He appears to be working hard in his defensive duties under Pep.
Last year he seemed to lose interest when not in possession and his attempts at winning the ball back were pathetic to put it mildly.
It's clear to me that Pep has read him the riot act with regards to the defensive side of his game and it already seems to be working.
I think he will be hugely influential for us this year.

Yeah, rotation will mean all the players get their chances. But as of now I don't see KDB being a main player.
There's a lot of quality vying for only a couple of positions so it's not beyond the realms of possibility he's shuffled about. He's definitely a main player though. Once he's up to speed with the system and fully match fit he'll play as many minutes as most.

Agree. Welcome to the sect of KdB's exclusion from the starting 11 witnesses) Anyone who have managed to watch most of Pep's games knows well that ball control, intelligence and fluid passing mean much more for Guardiola's No.8 than 'killer ball' capabilities)

Agree. Welcome to the sect of KdB's exclusion from the starting 11 witnesses) Anyone who have managed to watch most of Pep's games knows well that ball control and fluid passing mean much more for Guardiola's No.8 than 'killer ball' capabilities)
FFS.......sort your fucking parentheses out you twat......

There's a lot of quality vying for only a couple of positions so it's not beyond the realms of possibility he's shuffled about. He's definitely a main player though. Once he's up to speed with the system and fully match fit he'll play as many minutes as most.
I'm not too sure KDB is perfectly suited to the system to begin with, as Andrew___K suggests. It is most likely because of this reason that Pep said he wants to play him wide, as a midfield trio of Gundogan-Fernandinho-Silva is more suited to Pep's game. If Pep intends to play him out wide, I do not see him dropping Nolito or Sterling for him. Sterling for obvious reasons and certainly not Nolito who is a direct but very intelligent player. Coupled with the introduction of Sane, it could get messy for KDB. As someone said, with rotation KDB will get game time, but I just don't see him being a main player at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.