Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not too sure KDB is perfectly suited to the system to begin with, as Andrew___K suggests. It is most likely because of this reason that Pep said he wants to play him wide, as a midfield trio of Gundogan-Fernandinho-Silva is more suited to Pep's game. If Pep intends to play him out wide, I do not see him dropping Nolito or Sterling for him. Sterling for obvious reasons and certainly not Nolito who is a direct but very intelligent player. Coupled with the introduction of Sane, it could get messy for KDB. As someone said, with rotation KDB will get game time, but I just don't see him being a main player at this point.
Be interesting to see how it plays out once we're back to a fully fit squad. I certainly don't think he's our best ever player as some were saying last season(going way OTT for me) but he has the type of quality that all managers want at their disposal.

I'm not too sure KDB is perfectly suited to the system to begin with, as Andrew___K suggests. It is most likely because of this reason that Pep said he wants to play him wide, as a midfield trio of Gundogan-Fernandinho-Silva is more suited to Pep's game. If Pep intends to play him out wide, I do not see him dropping Nolito or Sterling for him. Sterling for obvious reasons and certainly not Nolito who is a direct but very intelligent player. Coupled with the introduction of Sane, it could get messy for KDB. As someone said, with rotation KDB will get game time, but I just don't see him being a main player at this point.
I can only add that Sane is also a 'middle' player potentially. He is the only one in this squad who can dribble through the center and be a 'link-up' all-around player like Messi, Totti etc. Not immediately, of course, it will take time. And it will complicate KdB's situation even more.

KDB is going to win the Ballon d'or under PEP. He's had a sluggish start by his standards but he's doing it for the team, eventually teams that play us will not bother attacking and pot shots from him will be needed to break teams down.

There's a lot of competition. It's not out of the question that he doesn't play.

There should be plenty of times he doesn't play. Otherwise he'll be fucked.

It's the idea that he's somehow devalued this season because Pep has arrived which is laughably ridiculous. Pep's No1 signing won't get in the team when everyone is fit.

He's taking ALL the set pieces, just in case the Simpsons haven't noticed.

KDB is going to win the Ballon d'or under PEP. He's had a sluggish start by his standards but he's doing it for the team, eventually teams that play us will not bother attacking and pot shots from him will be needed to break teams down.
You think he'll win the Ballon d'or because of taking pot shots? I like him as a player and we're lucky to have him but I can't see him ever lifting that award or even being in the top 3. Fuckinell, going off the recognition our players normally get he'll do well to be named in the end of season team of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.