Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again this is a relative error. If most of our players are hitting 9-10s but DeBryune was hitting a 7. In relative terms he was poor compared to Silva and Fernandihno for example. But in absolute terms he wasnt poor. The point the guy I responded to was making was that he still had assists ( I.e was still being productive) even in a subdued performance in comparison to Silva in the games people deemed he was poor.

I pointed out then that once he starts scoring it will become academic.

Take Sunderland for example:A game in which Silva dominated aesthetically. But when you parse the stats you see Kevin albeit clearly inferior to David in that game actually wasn't poor. Yes his movements were labored and his combination play on the right with Sterling was nothing comparable to Silva's instant chemistry with Nolito. But when you look at chances created, key passes made shots on goal you find that Kev actually was quite involved.
tTo be fair I see more of Pavel Neved when I watch Kev. Both are intensely driven towards what's functionally required to win.

This sounds somewhat odd, but all I see when I watch him is Michael Johnson. He's everything I thought Michael Johnson would turn into. And that's intended as very high praise.

Yes ...... it was put on twitter to show that someone saw it in him way back then.
Okay, not just someone though, Hein Vanhaezebroucke, currently manager of AA Gent, the side that took everyone by surprise in last year CL campaign (probably went a bit under the radar here, but they managed to qualify from their group w Valencia, Lyon & Zenit with great, attractive football while everyone expected them to get 0 points).
Vanhaezebroucke is an absolute genius, he should've been the new Belgium manager but wasn't allowed to leave by his club.
He's still quite young though and I really expect him to make a phenomenal international career. Keep an eye on him, a rare talent.

I think it's clear we have something special on our hands. Still relatively early days, but I fully expect KDB to have a similar impact to Yaya Toure in his peak. He's one of those players who just seems to be a step ahead of opponents, and that's a rare talent.

I think it's clear we have something special on our hands. Still relatively early days, but I fully expect KDB to have a similar impact to Yaya Toure in his peak. He's one of those players who just seems to be a step ahead of opponents, and that's a rare talent.
Totally agree

I think the comparison with Johan Cruyff is a very good one btw. Not saying he's on the same level (yet), but I understand what Vanhaezebrouck means. He's the type of "total footballer" that Cruyff always had in mind, not just box-to-box but a player who can cause problems all over the pitch, with excellent passing, shooting, crossing ... A constant threat and also the first to defend (as Pep said) when City lose posession.
He needs to work on his consistency to actually attain that Cruyff category but he definitely got the potential for it.
Comparison: Pogba is a box-to-box player, De Bruyne is a total footballer

I think the comparison with Johan Cruyff is a very good one btw. Not saying he's on the same level (yet), but I understand what Vanhaezebrouck means. He's the type of "total footballer" that Cruyff always had in mind, not just box-to-box but a player who can cause problems all over the pitch, with excellent passing, shooting, crossing ... A constant threat and also the first to defend (as Pep said) when City lose posession.
He needs to work on his consistency to actually attain that Cruyff category but he definitely got the potential for it.
Comparison: Pogba is a box-to-box player, De Bruyne is a total footballer

It's quite simply all down to how much he wants it: his technical ability and vision are of the highest order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.