Kevin De Bruyne 2016/17

That's a very simplistic way of looking at it. Should we start with 10 attacking outfield players just to make sure?
I think your response is what's simplistic. In the attacking positions the more talent you have the better. It's Criminally hard playing Barca, when MSN plays. This does not suggest they should play MSN clones on defense or defensive mid. Similarly, to MSN, SAD (Silva Aguero DeBryune) is our mini version of MSN. We are eventually best with alln3 on the field at the same time.

Almost nothing I've seen of Silva and De Bruyne on the pitch at the same time amounted to an extra 'X factor' giving us an advantage. On the contrary its looked consistently bobbins. People talk as if Sterling and Navas aren't x-factors themselves. Certainly makes opposition fullbacks think twice about joining the attack pressurising all of our error prone defenders.
You should watch Everton again. The last 30 minutes to be specific.

That said, many said the same about Suarez in his first few months at Barca. Now no one doubts their effectiveness as a group.

I think your response is what's simplistic. In the attacking positions the more talent you have the better. It's Criminally hard playing Barca, when MSN plays. This does not suggest they should play MSN clones on defense or defensive mid. Similarly, to MSN, SAD (Silva Aguero DeBryune) is our mini version of MSN. We are eventually best with alln3 on the field at the same time.

It's not the more talent; It's the right talent and I think that's what this thread is about. Not shoehorning in your 11 most talented players. Navas doesn't have more talent than De Bruyne; I don't think many would argue that he has but many think we have a more balanced side when he and Sterling play wide with Silva in behind Aguero.

There is no Silva lining up here. It's simply a bad loss. Anyone who has reviewed City's first 4 weeks will quickly come to a common sense realization: Reverting back to that personel will not guarantee us the success of those first 5 games.

Why? Anyone who watched the West Brom and Chelsea games could quickly point out the obvious:

That you should never seat back against City, coz they'll kill you with possession, and God help you if you seat back and City scores early or first, you are doomed.

You wanna pressure their defenders, they are all error prone. (Every single one, from Kompany to Kolarov)

You want to force them to pass back to Joe Hart and have him kick long. They are tiny up front and would lose most jump balls, and 2nd balls.

Then you wanna keep a shadow on Silva. Its no surprise that most teams havecsince the Chelsea game.

Also with the exception of Fernandihno, City is awful out of possesion. The defenders try, and Navas dies to, but everyone else is Yaya without the blame.

In short, I hope we get someone in to help our strengths and mask our weaknesses.
Amazing how we are in second given your dissection of the team eh.

It's not the more talent; It's the right talent and I think that's what this thread is about. Not shoehorning in your 11 most talented players. Navas doesn't have more talent than De Bruyne; I don't think many would argue that he has but many think we have a more balanced side when he and Sterling play wide with Silva in behind Aguero.
No we don't. It just looks that way coz everyone is mistaking coincidence for causation. We didn't start playing poorly cause DeBryune was starting. We played poorly cause teams changed how they defended against us.

Both West Brim and Chelsea retreated to their halfs once we got the ball. This is advantage City. Coz our worst ball players (the defenders in general) had more time on the ball and could find an easy pass to a midfielder. At that point we just prod and prone until we finally break you.

Once teams sourced that, by Everton away, we were had begun to have a harder time breaking through. By CP, it had become a trend. Pressure City's defenders and force them to punt.

We are hell of a lot easier to play if Joe Hart has to kick long. DeBryune joined after teams started doing this. And we've struggled against the press. And our lapses in error that weren't punished earlier in the season are being punished now.

Amazing how we are in second given your dissection of the team eh.
Not at all. Having DeBryune helps. Having Silva helps. Having Aguero is imperative. Having Dihno helps. But pretending it was all due to team balance is mistaking coincidence for causation.

Well let's see how we play with Nazas on the wing then eh then attacking each other's opinions after that. Anything else is guess work.

Not at all. Having DeBryune helps. Having Silva helps. Having Aguero is imperative. Having Dihno helps. But pretending it was all due to team balance is mistaking coincidence for causation.
*correlation for causation would sound better.

We will see.

No we don't. It just looks that way coz everyone is mistaking coincidence for causation. We didn't start playing poorly cause DeBryune was starting. We played poorly cause teams changed how they defended against us.

Both West Brim and Chelsea retreated to their halfs once we got the ball. This is advantage City. Coz our worst ball players (the defenders in general) had more time on the ball and could find an easy pass to a midfielder. At that point we just prod and prone until we finally break you.

Once teams sourced that, by Everton away, we were had begun to have a harder time breaking through. By CP, it had become a trend. Pressure City's defenders and force them to punt.

We are hell of a lot easier to play if Joe Hart has to kick long. DeBryune joined after teams started doing this. And we've struggled against the press. And our lapses in error that weren't punished earlier in the season are being punished now.

Don't you think that defenses are forced to sit deeper with the pace of Navas and Sterling in the side? I don't have the answer to this debate but I think there is certainly some mileage in it. I guess time will tell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.