Kevin De Bruyne 2016/17

I guess that that is the crux of this discussion and there are 3 camps. Those who think that KDB is a better number 10 than Silva. Those who think they are both top number 10's and the player in form should play. And those who, forgive my hysterical laughter, think we should just drop De Bruyne full stop, play Navas until the end of the season with an out of form Silva at number 10.

Decent article on City Watch, at least this guy seems to know what he's talking about ;-)

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/01/29/de-bruyne-injury-blow/

If we want to look on the bright side of this month’s injury conundrum, it’s that there is potentially a bright side. In recent weeks many City observers have wondered whether Silva and De Bruyne playing together has actually unbalanced our side.

The club’s best performances and best form came at the very start of the season before De Bruyne joined the club when Manuel Pellegrini played Navas and Sterling on the wings with Silva as a number 10. The injury gives the manager the opportunity to go back to this, hopefully with the same effect it had at the start of the season.

Decent article on City Watch, at least this guy seems to know what he's talking about ;-)

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/01/29/de-bruyne-injury-blow/

If we want to look on the bright side of this month’s injury conundrum, it’s that there is potentially a bright side. In recent weeks many City observers have wondered whether Silva and De Bruyne playing together has actually unbalanced our side.

The club’s best performances and best form came at the very start of the season before De Bruyne joined the club when Manuel Pellegrini played Navas and Sterling on the wings with Silva as a number 10. The injury gives the manager the opportunity to go back to this, hopefully with the same effect it had at the start of the season.
There is no Silva lining up here. It's simply a bad loss. Anyone who has reviewed City's first 4 weeks will quickly come to a common sense realization: Reverting back to that personel will not guarantee us the success of those first 5 games.

Why? Anyone who watched the West Brom and Chelsea games could quickly point out the obvious:

That you should never seat back against City, coz they'll kill you with possession, and God help you if you seat back and City scores early or first, you are doomed.

You wanna pressure their defenders, they are all error prone. (Every single one, from Kompany to Kolarov)

You want to force them to pass back to Joe Hart and have him kick long. They are tiny up front and would lose most jump balls, and 2nd balls.

Then you wanna keep a shadow on Silva. Its no surprise that most teams havecsince the Chelsea game.

Also with the exception of Fernandihno, City is awful out of possesion. The defenders try, and Navas dies to, but everyone else is Yaya without the blame.

In short, I hope we get someone in to help our strengths and mask our weaknesses.

There is no Silva lining up here. It's simply a bad loss. Anyone who has reviewed City's first 4 weeks will quickly come to a common sense realization: Reverting back to that personel will not guarantee us the success of those first 5 games.

Why? Anyone who watched the West Brom and Chelsea games could quickly point out the obvious:

That you should never seat back against City, coz they'll kill you with possession, and God help you if you seat back and City scores early or first, you are doomed.

You wanna pressure their defenders, they are all error prone. (Every single one, from Kompany to Kolarov)

You want to force them to pass back to Joe Hart and have him kick long. They are tiny up front and would lose most jump balls, and 2nd balls.

Then you wanna keep a shadow on Silva. Its no surprise that most teams havecsince the Chelsea game.

Also with the exception of Fernandihno, City is awful out of possesion. The defenders try, and Navas dies to, but everyone else is Yaya without the blame.

In short, I hope we get someone in to help our strengths and mask our weaknesses.

Whilst I don't disagree that those are our weaknesses and teams are realising how to effectively play against us, KDB doesn't address any of those does he? With the possible exception of him taking some attention away from Silva, but to bet honest I haven't noticed that in practice: Silva is closely man-marked all the time these days no matter what.

Why don't you take it up with the guy who wrote the article mate?

Whilst I don't disagree that those are our weaknesses and teams are realising how to effectively play against us, KDB doesn't address any of those does he? With the possible exception of him taking some attention away from Silva, but to bet honest I haven't noticed that in practice: Silva is closely man-marked all the time these days no matter what.
He helps because he is another X factor teams have to deal with. Aguero, Silva and now DeBryune. At some point, no matter your game plan, too much talent can over come it. Now we have reduced that chance of overcoming by a third.

He helps because he is another X factor teams have to deal with. Aguero, Silva and now DeBryune. At some point, no matter your game plan, too much talent can over come it. Now we have reduced that chance of overcoming by a third.

That's a very simplistic way of looking at it. Should we start with 10 attacking outfield players just to make sure?

Almost nothing I've seen of Silva and De Bruyne on the pitch at the same time amounted to an extra 'X factor' giving us an advantage. On the contrary its looked consistently bobbins. People talk as if Sterling and Navas aren't x-factors themselves. Certainly makes opposition fullbacks think twice about joining the attack pressurising all of our error prone defenders.

Almost nothing I've seen of Silva and De Bruyne on the pitch at the same time amounted to an extra 'X factor' giving us an advantage. On the contrary its looked consistently bobbins. People talk as if Sterling and Navas aren't x-factors themselves. Certainly makes opposition fullbacks think twice about joining the attack pressurising all of our error prone defenders.

De-Bruyne.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.