Kevin De Bruyne - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
But a lot of them do need resting...
Your idea of “resting” and their idea of resting are different! It is all about the rhythm of the week and a game on the weekend, vice playing home and away every few days.

For top players who want to be in top shape for the WC this summer, they are not going to want to sit in their arse for the next month. Rather, they are going to want to be told they have at least a couple of days off every week and told which games they will be used for.

For example, KDB plays against Swansea, gets a break against WHU, plays against Huddersfield, but doesn’t play against Brighton and plays against Soton. That means 3 of 5, plenty of time off, “rested,” but playing regularly. And, I’m not saying he will miss two of the games, either, just that “resting” can still mean “very actively involved” in the squad.

Players WANT to play on the weekend! It is the bookended midweek games with traveling that players hate, as it disrupts their rhythm of play, recover, rest, train, play.

I agree, Foden and Diaz should be given run outs in the last few games. I'd like to see Bernardo start centrally as well.
Would be an ideal time to bring in a Bernardo/Foden rotation in the midfield, but we would be too lightweight with them both in there. Poor Fernandinho would be like a one armed paper hanger in there! Also, Sané/Diaz, Tosin, and Nmecha getting real game time, with Mendy getting back in the groove with some real game time, too.

I hope David Silva gets some time away with family, but hope he is there at the Huddersfiled game to receive the trophy and plaudits he deserves.

Kev certainly needs some rest but the team needs to go now and break records so Pep will need to get the balance right. Of course, he can afford to take more risks with his rotations.

Seems to have got a second wind since second half vs Chelsea..Awesome again today, would like to see the speed of that goal, rifled in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.