Kevin De Bruyne - 2017/18 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Hungarian blue, 27 Jul 2017.

1. jamesha

jamesha

I read something about Martinez playing 3-4-3 which did not suit Kev's strengths.

Anyone see the game and can comment?

Seems daft not to build the team around KdB.

2. I watched, just the goals, form last night and Kev didn't really appear to be involved in any of the goals.

That's not to sat he didn't have a good game - he might have, I just didn't watch the entire game.

You could be certain though, had City scored 4 goals, Kev would have been involved in at least one of them.

We've seen him play in a deeper role for City and still be effective.

However, I personally believe Martinez to be a clown.

3. Jpont

Jpont

Seemed very involved to me:

http://mscom1.matchat.online/player/50480

4. super_city_si

super_city_si

Its built around Hazard. He gets a free role behind the striker and to be honest, he looked very good there against Costa Rica. However, Costa Rica were dire.

5. oldhamblue

oldhamblue

200/1 for the golden boot for those who like a City related long shot

6. ozfunghi

ozfunghi

Two pre-assists...
    Passes to Mertens who picks out Lukaku in the box.
    Passes to Chadli who picks out Lukaku in the box.

The team is built around him. He's the most central player, literally. He has 3 to 5 players that he can pick out, all deadly in front of the goal. Hazard, Mertens, Lukaku + Meunier & Carrasco. He is the director of the team.

It is not. Hazard gets a free role, exactly because he isn't a tactical player like Kevin. Because he doesn't function in a confined role. Hazard can be unpredictable in a small space, and dismantle a formation. This is where Kevin can take advantage of Hazard's work. They have a very different role, but it all starts with Kevin.

Last edited: 14 Jun 2018
  7. Fair enough. David Silva receives a lot of praise for the pass that sets up the assist, and rightly so.

Like I said, I only went off the highlights available to me.

I would love to see Belgium go all the way. As a City fan it would be great for Kompany & De Bruyne.

8. jimharri

jimharri

9. ozfunghi

ozfunghi

No problem mate. Just stated the facts, he made two pre-assists.
    It's something that's quickly taken for granted. The past season though, Kevin had the most assists, as well as pre-assists in the league.

I'd also like to see Belgium go all the way. But they'll either face Germany or Brazil in the QF... They had a better chance 4 years ago against Argentina that won thanks to a lucky goal.

10. riley347

riley347

KDB has just misplaced a pass!!!!!!!!!!!!