Kevin De Bruyne - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That i don't know,it sounds like he might have said something to a reporter,guess we will have to wait a few days and see if he is at training

Don't think its too bad Karen7 , some were righting him off after the Palace game and he was playing within 3 days.

Might give him time off to recharge his batteries for after the break for the big run in.

We can cope without him for a few games , more concerned about Ferny , he if he stays fit for the last 2 months of the season will go a large way in determining how many trophies we will this season.

For many years I've often heard players or pundits say, of a player who has had a start/stop season due to injuries, they really could have done with a good pre-season! I think for the 1st time ever with KDB, I'm at long last beginning to fully understand, that although at times this season he has started games injury free, he has neither been physically fit nor psychologically fit to cope. In essence he has been stumbling through games, out of tune with the speed of play and asking too much of his body to accommodate a lack of core physical strength and mental resilience. In short I would write him off for this season as the last thing we want to do is scar his mindset into believing he is not a great player anymore by forcing him to play without the physical and mental tools to deliver performances worthy of his name.

Last edited:
Don't think its too bad Karen7 , some were righting him off after the Palace game and he was playing within 3 days.

Might give him time off to recharge his batteries for after the break for the big run in.

We can cope without him for a few games , more concerned about Ferny , he if he stays fit for the last 2 months of the season will go a large way in determining how many trophies we will this season.

Should he be left off the next team sheet then?

It's incredible to be saying it, but I'm not sure if I'd put him in at present, at least not as a starter. Even if he is fit, I'd have him on the bench. He'll be back to the sublime player we know next season, I have no doubts about that, but he isn't close to that level this season, it's plain to see. I'd have him as an impact sub here and there, and give him a good long summer to refresh himself properly.
That said, brilliant pass to Merlin yesterday, which the latter really should have scored from. Not even clear to me how Kev could have seen that he was going to be in space. Only he can do that, without appearing to look.
To be honest, I thought him coming back would be the difference between us retaining the title or not. Now I think it's Bernardo's continuing form that will be the determining factor – and, hopefully, the return of Fern for the final few games.

For many years I've often heard players or pundits say, of a player who has had a start/stop season due to injuries, they really could have done with a good pre-season! I think for the 1st time ever with KDB, I'm at long last beginning to fully understand that although at times this season he has started games injury free, he has neither been physically fit not psychologically fit to cope. In essence he has been stumbling through games, out of tune with the speed of play and asking too much of his body to accommodate a lack of core physical strength and mental resilience. In short I would write him off for this season as the last thing we want to do is scar his mindset into believing he is not a great player anymore by forcing him to play without the physical and mental tools to deliver performances worthy of his name.

Going to the very final stages of the World Cup would have taken its tole on a player. Look at Kyle Walker compared to last season form wise, get Kev on a sun lounger in May and see how strong he comes back in pre season.

Cheers but what's all this about him saying he's ok ?
There are different grades of a muscle tear. Perhaps he feels it's a grade one which is a less than 10% damage to the muscle fibres or even a grade two which is only a partial tear - both cases for a professional athlete would mean a very slight limp but a very short rehabilitation. Best case is always to stop playing immediately to prevent more damage - if this is the case he probably feels he can give an assessment given the amount of pain he experienced when he got injured - either way given the fact that he will have the best possible care he will only be out for a very short time. Kev and the club will be extra cautious because these things can reoccur if not properly rested. My best guess - having had several of them myself in my playing days - he will be out for 2 to 3 weeks. He will not lose a great deal of his match fitness in that time so should be good to go for the title run in.

There are different grades of a muscle tear. Perhaps he feels it's a grade one which is a less than 10% damage to the muscle fibres or even a grade two which is only a partial tear - both cases for a professional athlete would mean a very slight limp but a very short rehabilitation. Best case is always to stop playing immediately to prevent more damage - if this is the case he probably feels he can give an assessment given the amount of pain he experienced when he got injured - either way given the fact that he will have the best possible care he will only be out for a very short time. Kev and the club will be extra cautious because these things can reoccur if not properly rested. My best guess - having had several of them myself in my playing days - he will be out for 2 to 3 weeks. He will not lose a great deal of his match fitness in that time so should be good to go for the title run in.

Ok, thanks very much for the info, interesting.

He seems to have some sort of psychological block going on. It’s like he isn’t relaxing into games and is tense in the way he’s playing with the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.