Kevin De Bruyne - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we need to keep as many at home as possible,kev can't go as Belgium flog him to death
Well we should, but in the end it’s down to the players. Also its better to get agreement with the international managers or they could use the rules to stop the players playing for us after the break. Portugal have been pretty good with Bernardo, Belgium seem to be the uncooperative ones but Vinnie and Kevin should be influencial enough to say they need resting.

Well we should, but in the end it’s down to the players. Also its better to get agreement with the international managers or they could use the rules to stop the players playing for us after the break. Portugal have been pretty good with Bernardo, Belgium seem to be the uncooperative ones but Vinnie and Kevin should be influencial enough to say they need resting.
I can't see Vinny not going,he is very stubborn when it comes to internationals,hopefully kev will pull out

For many years I've often heard players or pundits say, of a player who has had a start/stop season due to injuries, they really could have done with a good pre-season! I think for the 1st time ever with KDB, I'm at long last beginning to fully understand, that although at times this season he has started games injury free, he has neither been physically fit nor psychologically fit to cope. In essence he has been stumbling through games, out of tune with the speed of play and asking too much of his body to accommodate a lack of core physical strength and mental resilience. In short I would write him off for this season as the last thing we want to do is scar his mindset into believing he is not a great player anymore by forcing him to play without the physical and mental tools to deliver performances worthy of his name.
Agreed.could see this problem with Kdb two years ago after the euros ,and said as much on these boards...echoing the opinion of the Belguim national physio re prem players and burnout..some on here didnt think it was an issue......id like to hear their views now....
Last summer,kdb played almost to the end of the Wc,after a great season with City,had a couple of weeks off..and was straight back into the title hunt this season. Pep says he looked tierd.Kdb says he isnt.
Either way,imo,burnout is a real issue,there are just so many games to play when your a top professionsl footballer, and Kev has suffered.
Hope he is back ,fully fit soon.

I can't see Vinny not going,he is very stubborn when it comes to internationals,hopefully kev will pull out

I don't think we would even want Kev to pull out.

He isn't tired, he just got off a 4 month rest. He needs game time to get back to his best and if those games are for Belgium that's fine.

It seems to me that if something truly special is going to happen this year it's going to be because KDB found his form. With him missing so much time the team has coped amazingly well but when he's on City are on another level. When you consider the lift he can give along with the rest he'll provide for other players it makes me thing that it's possible...

It seems to me that if something truly special is going to happen this year it's going to be because KDB found his form. With him missing so much time the team has coped amazingly well but when he's on City are on another level. When you consider the lift he can give along with the rest he'll provide for other players it makes me thing that it's possible...

If he can stay away from niggles we’ll have a chance, however, he needs games and they are running out..... as crazy as it sounds, he should be used as an impact sub for now!

If he can stay away from niggles we’ll have a chance, however, he needs games and they are running out..... as crazy as it sounds, he should be used as an impact sub for now!

Judging by how he was still clearly not match sharp after 18 games, I think he's out of time to get back to his best this season. Even if he played all 14 games between now and the Champions League final, he'd probably not be there yet.

I imagine it's just a matter of how close he gets. If he's 90% of the way there, that's probably good enough.

Judging by how he was still clearly not match sharp after 18 games, I think he's out of time to get back to his best this season. Even if he played all 14 games between now and the Champions League final, he'd probably not be there yet.

I imagine it's just a matter of how close he gets. If he's 90% of the way there, that's probably good enough.

There’s a new sheriff in town

tumblr_pj2nx0okdI1xzmb7so2_r1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.