#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeBruyneKev following #MCITOT: “I feel good and I’m becoming better. It’s still the beginning of the season, so sometimes it’s heavy but I feel fine so everything will be okay this season.” [via @ManCity]

As much as I love Kevin, as good a game as he had yesterday and as brilliant as his two assists both were, I feel he should take more blame than most for our failure to win the game.

On at least two occasions he decided to shoot rather than pass to a better-placed teammate, which, as we all know, is very much against Pep's teaching.

I don’t blame KdB for wanting to score, but it cost us two points yesterday.

No one thing costs us two points; other perhaps than a ludicrous VAR decision (yeah I know the rules).

The worst error was Eddie's but it was a collective failure.

Kev isn't at his absolute best of fittest yet but he was still the best player on the park. The man has radar inside his head.

Kevin De Bruyne created nine chances against Spurs, at least three more than any other player has managed in a Premier League game so far this season.
Two world-class assists included, but somehow only a point. (Squawka football)

You can not blame Kevin for being greedy. Its normal that he will also try to score. I think even Pep and Mikel will ask Kevin to go for it if he feels confident.

of course he created, he was fantastic. But in two situations there were better options. specially to that one in 2nd half, when he went to shot through lot of legs and sterling was alone on left. OK, first half with hindsight it was better to pass, but agree he was entitled to shot there.

Pep doesn't mind shooting, but he wants the ball to the player in the best position to do it.

He isn't, obviously.
Just because he created 2 goals it has no bearing on his speed.He isn’t fully fit yet hence I said he is a little off the pace. If you disagree then no problem just say so no need for sarcastic remarks

He was getting tired towards the last 20 minutes of the game....with more minutes he will be even better

As much as I love Kevin, as good a game as he had yesterday and as brilliant as his two assists both were, I feel he should take more blame than most for our failure to win the game.

On at least two occasions he decided to shoot rather than pass to a better-placed teammate, which, as we all know, is very much against Pep's teaching.

I don’t blame KdB for wanting to score, but it cost us two points yesterday.
I agree. He wasn’t the only one either. Both Raz and Bernie were guilty too. I counted 4 or 5 instances where a shot was taken when a pass would have created a far easier opportunity.

Just because he created 2 goals it has no bearing on his speed.He isn’t fully fit yet hence I said he is a little off the pace. If you disagree then no problem just say so no need for sarcastic remarks

Except I'm not basing my opinion on his passes and assists but on his runs with the ball. He was fairly quick on some occassions against W Ham and Spurs and it impressed me precisely because I feared that injuries would slow him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.