Kevin Horlock!!!

A good championship player but very limited when it came to the prem. Sqaure ball lock's lack of pace and reluctance to go forward really held him in becoming an averarge premiership player.

davymcfc said:
Clarkey311 said:
lancs blue said:
Away to Bournemouth

It's in the Interview

MCFCForum.com: There was a famous Gillette Soccer Saturday clip when Jeff Stelling was seen telling the world that you’d been sent off against Chesterfield for “walking aggressively towards the referee” – Was this true and what actually happened?
it says away at chesterfield but it was definitely bournemouth away. we had two men sent off and it was pollock and jorlock. defintiely 100% bournemouth.
was sent off in a 0-0 draw at Bournemouth for aggresive walking was sent off a few weeks later v Northampton in a 0-0 draw at Maine Road

Celebritykiller said:
jimharri said:
brianstrousers said:
Wiekins wasn't far behind
Good point. He did an important job for us and scored the occasional (emphasis on 'occasional'!) goal as well. The winner at Stoke in early '99 (?) springs to mind.

Loved a bit of Wiekens, went back to the club we got him (2 club player) from and was still playing this year at 37.
Even at our lowest we had proper players who are still heroes today. As much as I love our current squad I'd have Horlock and Weikens, amongst others, in my all time favourite City squad.

This is where I never get how people can say how shit it has been being a City can over the years, because it's never been shit. It always been great whether losing at Lincoln or leathering Liverpool!

My big memory of SKev was Christmas 1999 at home to Grimsby - he scored a cracking early goal from 30 yards in front of the North Stand and we thought it was going to be a thrashing for them; however we let them back to 1-1 and it looked like it was going to fizzle out, when up pops SKev with a half-volley left footer into the top corner in front of the Umbro for a 2-1 win and happy Christmas!

Didn't he use to have the car registration number C17YKH?

Wonder if he still does?

I can remember him ghosting in at the far post once (can't remember the game unfortunately) and slotting one in off the outside of his left foot - just like that tw*t Giggs did at Norwich - but without getting the deserved media wankfest!

Love the guy. Rarely wasted a pass, had an eye for goal, very good tackler.

Had the pleasure of meeting him once at Luton (boo!) Airport. Really nice lad, very down to earth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.