Key Bridge, Baltimore, has collapsed.

I've seen video of a warship (much smaller) turning at pretty much full tilt, I was glad I wasn't onboard it, but it was quite quickly, if somewhat scary.

Yeah, a crash stop won't do the engines any good, so a fast turn is a better option.
Even with power, I doubt cargo ships do fast turns well.

Bbc had a professor of engineering at oxford explaining how there isn't a situation where any other bridge withstands that type of force.

Just awful. I have driven over that bridge many times on the way to, and way back from visiting my daughter in DC. Thank God that it was at 1:30AM or so in the morning when not that many vehicles were using it.

Besides the tragedy of lost lives; there will now also be a supply chain impact, and not only for the US.

There’s no way that bridge is finished by November, but “being seen to be doing” is important and people seeing the bridge being rebuilt is probably sufficient.

Assuming people died in this accident, it’d be hard to use it as the backdrop for a campaign rally…at least by Biden.

Trump knows no shame, so he’d be out there today talking about how shithole foreigners on a shithole foreign ship going to some shithole foreign country have hit our beautiful Francis Scott Key (look him up!!) Bridge, but he is going to rebuild it bigger, better and more beautiful, because nobody knows construction better than he knows construction!
Cheers for that - didn't know any of that...........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.