Key Bridge, Baltimore, has collapsed.

Re: Francis Scott Key, taken from Wikipedia,

At the time of his death he owned eight human beings. !!
It was normal then. Don’t judge someone from yesterday based on today’s supposed moral standards.

And, that was clearly not why the bridge was named after him.

No shithole foreigners responsible, local pilots are used to navigate the ships in and out of the harbour
View attachment 111843

Don’t confuse Trump, or Trump Cult Members, with the truth!!

I see it didn’t take long to make Biden responsible! I’m assured it was well past his Ovaltine time, so he had already had his bedtime story and was fast asleep with Mummy.

It was normal then. Don’t judge someone from yesterday based on today’s supposed moral standards.

And, that was clearly not why the bridge was named after him.
I'm wasn't judging anyone, unless you take a few exclamation marks as proof of that. I assume the bridge was named in honour of him for writing the words to star spangled banner, fair dos. But the real standout for me was that for somebody who led the american colonisation society, he still ended up 'owning' slaves when he died. Wasn't right then and it's not right now, I think we can agree on that moral standard.

I'm wasn't judging anyone, unless you take a few exclamation marks as proof of that. I assume the bridge was named in honour of him for writing the words to star spangled banner, fair dos. But the real standout for me was that for somebody who led the american colonisation society, he still ended up 'owning' slaves when he died. Wasn't right then and it's not right now, I think we can agree on that moral standard.
Slavery has always been a part of the human story. I’m glad I live today, when it is decried and considered morally repugnant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.