Khaldoon End Of Season Interview Thread

It was a load of fluff, cotton wool, statement of the bleedin' obvious, saying what he thought we wanted to hear, whatever you want to call it. Beautifully done but no insight or anything remotely challenging. It was instantly forgettable, unlike the others he's done. That's fine if you like that sort of thing but just accept some of us like a bit more substance over style. And cut out the abuse please.
Nothing that you just wrote is along the lines of it seeming City are just one part of the CFG though is it?

You've already made your cynical thinking very clear about the Khaldoon interview and I happen to agree with Billy with his replies.

I've just realised what the long section praising James Milner was about. It was Khaldoon sending a message to Raheem Sterling that we are not a club who acts peevishly and immaturely over players deciding to move on. Clever move.

We flogged a dead horse trying to spread that over two days.

The second part is not something I need or want to hear at this present time, regardless of the brilliance of the business concept.

Time to be focused again on the one and only City.

Mr Chairman hit all the right notes in the first interview and should have left it there.

Like I said, yesterday, I felt an twinge of embarrassment for Khaldoon, having to sit there and defend highly-paid people who have let him and Sheikh Mansour down.

We flogged a dead horse trying to spread that over two days.

The second part is not something I need or want to hear at this present time, regardless of the brilliance of the business concept.

Time to be focused again on the one and only City.

Mr Chairman hit all the right notes in the first interview and should have left it there.

Like I said, yesterday, I felt an twinge of embarrassment for Khaldoon, having to sit there and defend highly-paid people who have let him and Sheikh Mansour down.

i think it just solidifies that these people we have in charge are in it for the long haul and significantly repeated the soundbite "winning trophies"

Maybe a minor thing but I wasn't too keen on the internal setting (or the lighting!)...a little 'in house'/insular.
It's been glorious weather wise over the past week or two. I'd have Khaldoon interviewed sat in the CFA with the stadium expansion monstering away in the background come 'magic hour' (like the Zabaleta shot).
Now that would have lent a little more weight as the message was piped across the world.

I've just realised what the long section praising James Milner was about. It was Khaldoon sending a message to Raheem Sterling that we are not a club who acts peevishly and immaturely over players deciding to move on. Clever move.

that was my thinking to and they way he talked about Lampard.. it's a message to all players who city are interested in now and in the future..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.