Khaldoon End Of Season Interview Thread

They League seems fairly well established in South Africa that could be an advantage!
I'd be worried about the complete and utter lack of footballing talent historically produced by South Africa. When Radebe, McCarthy, Fortune and Pienaar are probably the four best footballers in the countries history and football is a definite number two sport...

I'd be worried about the complete and utter lack of footballing talent historically produced by South Africa. When Radebe, McCarthy, Fortune and Pienaar are probably the four best footballers in the countries history and football is a definite number two sport...

That's a good point. However there are other positives such as good stadia in place and we invested in Melbourne and New York even though football isn't the main sport there.

Wouldn't have thought it'd be any more difficult in Lagos.
Nigeria is a difficult country though, corruption is pretty rife (not saying it isn't in SA), and its got a pretty serious religious war going on in the northeast, City (Abu Dhabi) becoming a high profile in one of their clubs, could open that club up to being a target for the terrorists (imagine a team being kidnapped by them ?), particularly as Abu Dhabi are involved in the fight against IS in the middle east, who Boko Haram are allied to these days. I think that is a minefield best avoided for now, and in any case we could still take talent to a South African base. I would think having a foothold on the continent is more important.

That's a good point. However there are other positives such as good stadia in place and we invested in Melbourne and New York even though football isn't the main sport there.
I understand the USA and Oz though, both countries with new and growing leagues and a lot of disposable income.

Nigeria is a difficult country though, corruption is pretty rife (not saying it isn't in SA), and its got a pretty serious religious war going on in the northeast, City (Abu Dhabi) becoming a high profile in one of their clubs, could open that club up to being a target for the terrorists (imagine a team being kidnapped by them ?), particularly as Abu Dhabi are involved in the fight against IS in the middle east, who Boko Haram are allied to these days. I think that is a minefield best avoided for now, and in any case we could still take talent to a South African base. I would think having a foothold on the continent is more important.
Fair point, I just think with the one per continent limit it seems likely we'll have that it's a waste to have it in SA.

Fair point, I just think with the one per continent limit it seems likely we'll have that it's a waste to have it in SA.
perhaps they view the lifestyle in South Africa to be more advanced if they wished to have players there
also if we send players there and they've had enough of their partners they can get rid for a measly eighteen months in prison, as long as they claim they thought she was a burglar

perhaps they view the lifestyle in South Africa to be more advanced if they wished to have players there
also if we send players there and they've had enough of their partners they can get rid for a measly eighteen months in prison, as long as they claim they thought she was a burglar

Don't know about that, can't see Mangala, Yaya or Dinho getting away with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.