Khaldoon

I don’t blame Khaldoon for the super league decision at all. If it was going ahead we had to be in it. The only thing about it that regret is that I really wish that the club had foreseen then fan reaction and its inevitable collapse and precipitated it by publicly rejecting the whole thing to counteract the dreadful PR we get.

He’s been a wonderful chairman in every single way. Articulate, cool, intelligent and with a brilliant knowledge of how to make a world class organization through its people and infrastructure.

Still a horrible failure of judgment and shouldn’t be forgotten or forgiven
And I would hope we have learned our lesson never to get into bed with the horrible bastards ever again
Yeah agreed, but it’s arguable they were acting in the clubs best interests at the time and were hedging bets.

Not what I would have liked to have seen us do, but I kinda get it

I don’t blame Khaldoon for the super league decision at all. If it was going ahead we had to be in it. The only thing about it that regret is that I really wish that the club had foreseen then fan reaction and its inevitable collapse and precipitated it by publicly rejecting the whole thing to counteract the dreadful PR we get.

He’s been a wonderful chairman in every single way. Articulate, cool, intelligent and with a brilliant knowledge of how to make a world class organization through its people and infrastructure.
He got an existential decision hugely wrong by backing Sorriano’s flawed analysis
Made his enemies at PSG, who quite rightly told the G14 super league architects to fuck right off, look like the good guys and thus giving them a free run at powerful UEFA positions and influence. And locking us out for eternity
It was a huge and disastrous strategic own goal. Can’t be dressed up in any other way

He got an existential decision hugely wrong by backing Sorriano’s flawed analysis
Made his enemies at PSG, who quite rightly told the G14 super league architects to fuck right off, look like the good guys and thus giving them a free run at powerful UEFA positions and influence. And locking us out for eternity
It was a huge and disastrous strategic own goal. Can’t be dressed up in any other way
On the other side of the coin, if it had taken off we would have been left in the dust!

On the other side of the coin, if it had taken off we would have been left in the dust!
Any supposed ‘super league’ without City or PSG would have been immediately exposed for what it was- a blatantly racist enterprise.
When it came to the crunch, the lads from Qatar showed more balls than our lads, and that is a fact that can’t be disputed
We allowed geopolitics to trump football politics.
We allowed tribal pettiness from the Middle East to pose an existential threat to Manchester City Football Club
We shat it
It was a horrendous failure of judgment. Let’s not be scouse cultists about it

Any supposed ‘super league’ without City or PSG would have been immediately exposed for what it was- a blatantly racist enterprise.
When it came to the crunch, the lads from Qatar showed more balls than our lads, and that is a fact that can’t be disputed
We allowed geopolitics to trump football politics.
We allowed tribal pettiness from the Middle East to pose an existential threat to Manchester City Football Club
We shat it
It was a horrendous failure of judgment. Let’s not be scouse cultists about it

At the same time i get it from the club point of view to not let get behind by other, at the end of the day that decision will always be the best interest of the club in the heart even the majority of the fans is disagree with it. Wouldn't it be the first time they will do it.

Let's just agree to disagree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.