Khaldoons End of Season Interview

Yes you can. Success on the field in no way has to come at the expense of ignoring the fans. The globalist approach of CFG and treating your 37,000 season ticket holders at the biggest part of that global organisation as valued customers, are definitely not mutually exclusive.

Is our ticketing better than it's even been? Is the communication with the fans better than it's ever been. Let's be honest here. Soriano does not give one single solitary fuck about us, apart from wondering how much more cash he can squeeze out of us. He killed Points of Blue and was most reluctant to set up City Matters, which he only did because he was forced to by the PL and Parliament.

Then Khaldoon comes along and says how great you all are ns most of you go gooey eyed and weak at the knees, despite all the evidence that the club never, ever, sticks up for us. We may have one of the most supine fan bases there is.

What does supine mean?

Good points, but he’s done 7 years, a 3 year deal at City would give him the magical 10 and a statue!?

If he leaves I’ll wish him well unless he’s playing against us or joins either Vermin or the Scum, which he won’t!

If I had to choose one of Gundogan or Bernardo to stay I’d probably choose Bernardo but that’s harsh on Gundogan, I’ll be eternally thankful for his contribution at City
What ! More statues ?

25frugal-xian-1-superJumbo.jpg

His missus is pregnant, she isn't a fan of Manchester restaurants and Gundo thinks his legs might go on a bit longer playing in a less stressful league?

As a free agent he can earn a huge wedge, and he's going out at the absolute pinnacle.

I think the timing is right for him to leave and, much as we hate to lose legends, he will always be one here.
I will be gutted if he goes. Totally. BTW is Sara (his missus expecting again so soon?( baby born in March). If so he is carrying on his tradition of scoring doubles.:-).

When does the club ever put us front & centre? We're still waiting for some sort of statement about the way we were treated in Istanbul. Not a word though. How is that "sticking up for us"?
Obtaining the world's finest players, manager, coaching and support staff.

Refurbishing a stadium, building a world class training facility.

And then going on a 15 year journey of world domination, about %ucking time they did something for us!!

What does supine mean?
Marked by or showing lethargy, passivity, or blameworthy indifference.

I think we've put up with so much over the last 40 years and it took us 15 years to really rise up against Swales. We're the only one of the top six (and many other clubs) that doesn't have an independent supporter group. I doubt anyone would swap the great team we have now, for a shit team but a totally efficient ticket office.

The frustrating thing is that there's not much they need to do to be the best both on and off the field. We have a CL winning team on the field but a NW Counties league operation off it.

So in a season when we're likely to report the highest revenue in English football history, and maybe in all history, they've hiked prices up again when there is no financial justification for doing that.

And, if the rumour on here was true, people wanting to watch us play one of the other top 6 clubs will be paying just shy of £100.

And he comes out with all this brash, confident fighting talk in these interviews yet we're quiet as a mouse the rest of the time. He mentioned that we have a small squad yet when have you ever heard our media team say that? It's left to us fans.

I sorry, but it's all bullshit. I'm grateful for what Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon have done for us and am delighted to be where we are now but please don't fucking patronise us.
Get a grip...

I got a bit emotional watching Khaldoon’s video. I’m not sure why but seeing those trophies brought back memories of a time when we won nothing. In fact, I would celebrate anything resembling a win over the rags.

For some reason, I thought back to the 9/11 masters 5 a side at the MEN, to raise funds for New York firefighters and the heroes’ families. I recall us battering the rags and along with r kid and our mate Pat, we did laps of Stretford with City flags and scarves hanging out of the car windows.

It’s strange that I’m thinking of this but it reflects the complete transformation of the Club that the Sheikh and co have brought about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.