Khaldoons End of Season Interview

I dont know why we get the same negative posts every year . We know what we are going to get from these interviews by now

Yep

giphy.gif

When does the club ever put us front & centre? We're still waiting for some sort of statement about the way we were treated in Istanbul. Not a word though. How is that "sticking up for us"?
Again, in my experience, bombastic responses should be reserved for truly “no other option” situations, as they most often fail miserably and also frequently lead to a backlash that just works against the goals of the response.

Do you have evidence the club have not been working behind the scenes (or through non-City media) to put pressure on UEFA to address the poor treatment of City fans in Instanbul?

At this point, given our improved—but still strained—relations with UEFA, we’re more likely to be success with a more subtle, targeted campaign than with a “FUCK YOU UEFA, OUR FANS ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD AND YOU WILL PAY DEARLY FOR THEIR TREATMENT” approach.

Not everything has to be a charging machine gun in to the air; sometimes a sniper rifle from the tree line is a more effective approach.

But, you’re right, what has Rome every done for us!?

I dont know why we get the same negative posts every year . We know what we are going to get from these interviews by now
Exactly take it for what it is and in context.
Some on here think they should have the same access as Lord Pannick and Paul Harris.
Only we could have a row after a Treble season and an uplifting interview.

"The Etihad is becoming what we always hoped for, which is truly the 12th man we always needed"

I've always thought of that when I see this gif. I don't know what anyone else is saying, but to me, it's Pep expressing how it feels to see the fans starting to really create a fearsome atmosphere in the CL.

Anyone know which game it's from?

Again, in my experience, bombastic responses should be reserved for truly “no other option” situations, as the most often fail miserably and also frequently lead to a backlash that does works against the goals of the response.

Do you have evidence the club have not been working behind the scenes (or through non-City media) to put pressure on UEFA to address the poor treatment of City fans in Instanbul?

At this point, given our improved—but still strained—relations with UEFA, we’re more likely to be success with a more subtle, targeted campaign than with a “FUCK YOU UEFA, OUR FANS ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD AND YOU WILL PAY DEARLY FOR THEIR TREATMENT” approach.

Not everything has to be a charging machine gun in to the air; sometimes a sniper rifle from the tree line is a more effective approach.

But, you’re right, what has Rome every done for us!?
I don't disagree with a lot of that. I do know though that the club made a number of visits to Istanbul to view the facilities, and knew there would be issues but trusted UEFA to get them right.

I'd expect them to come out publicly and say something like "We regret that there were significant problems for many of you in Istanbul. We worked with UEFA prior to the game and it was clear to us there were risks. We will be talking to UEFA and feeding back all the issues raised. Our fans, having made the effort and spent a lot of money to attend the CL Final deserve better. We expect a suitable response from UEFA and will not accept silence". I don't think that's asking a lot. At least it gives the impression they care.

Last edited:
I think it was quite telling that he DID NOT say that we are innocent of all charges and that we will be fully vindicated through the legal process. Why did he NOT say that, I wonder?

I can think of three reasons.

1. Our lawyers have told him to say nothing. There's nothing to be read into it, it's just a good policy to say nothing in case anything you do say may be taken out of context or even damage your case in some way, so silence is the safe option. Quite possible, IMO.

2. He's aware of developments in the case which he cannot comment upon, such as we're reaching agreement to get all serious charges dropped provided we agree to a slapped wrist for trivial non-compliance such as not providing required documentation? Again, possible, IMO.

3. He knows we're in a tight spot and doesn't want to look like a prat by telling everyone we're completely innocent only to be found guilty on some counts later. And OBVIOUSLY he can't say well we're probably guilty on some counts. So he has to say nothing.

I really do not know how to read it, but I do think his silence on the matter is significant. I am inclined to think (2) above, if I had to pick.

he stated in the interview he can't say too much for legal reasons. He also said the same relating to the UEFA charge

"The Etihad is becoming what we always hoped for, which is truly the 12th man we always needed"

I've always thought of that when I see this gif. I don't know what anyone else is saying, but to me, it's Pep expressing how it feels to see the fans starting to really create a fearsome atmosphere in the CL.

Anyone know which game it's from?

It was against Copenhagen after Erling had just scored on the rebound. His second goal of the game. I’m not entirely sure it was in response to the crowd tbh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.