Khaldoons End of Season Interview

I have supported City since 1977 I dont have the chance to go to as many games as I wish . I promise you that I love the blues as much as you do. So I will be turist hopefully next season singing my ass off. You can have as much passion for City even though you are not born in Manchester, and I know I speak for all City fans abroud we have as much right as anyone to attend and support our team whithout been called fucking turists

I have friends in Austin Texas. They bleed blue just like me, they talk endlessly about City just like me. They come to as many games as they can and are members of the Austin branch of City supporters.

If I talk about football tourist it`s about people who come over and don`t have a team but tick a premier league game off their bucket list.

I have friends in Austin Texas. They bleed blue just like me, they talk endlessly about City just like me. They come to as many games as they can and are members of the Austin branch of City supporters.

If I talk about football tourist it`s about people who come over and don`t have a team but tick a premier league game off their bucket list.
Yep I know some of those guys on Austin too..

The L&C league! Full of piss heads, dick heads, cloggers and aresholes. The players aren’t much better.. Btw the refs appointments officer was the biggest prick in the league. Right knobhead..
Aw, bless. Was the L&C a bit too tough for you? ;)

Joking aside, It really isn’t/wasn’t a league like that in my experience mate, unless you really are a fanny

Which refs secretary are you talking about? I believe one of them posts on here

To be fair I don't have a problem with tourists on the whole. We want to be the biggest club in world football and the more of those we see proves that is happening. Football has changed dramatically since I stood on the Kippax in 1968 with my cup of Bovril. If you're in a football area on holiday and you're a football fan you'd want to take in a game. I did so when I docked in Tampa, we went to watch the Tampa Bay Rowdies v the Jacksonville Teamen in the early eighties and I saw AEK Athens play Forest in a friendly when I was out there. Some of those YouTubers annoy me as they just go to every big important game while not supporting either team, denying real fans of a ticket.
A worrying development for me was letting the Madrid game be a free for all for Citizen card holders. To me that wasn't fair and an own goal by the club.

For me now the journey is complete. I've seen my club win every trophy there is to win, some multiple times. From a third division play off final we scraped through on penalties to the European cup in twenty four years. It's been some ride.

It's been building for a while but it's clear that push has now become shove in regards to maximising matchday revenue. The commercial department is working overtime to find ways of squeezing more out of the existing supporter base and / or replacing parts of it with higher revenue generating occasional visitors.

No full seasoncards issued but only Silver ✅

Value Gold likely to be phased out next summer ✅

Huge hikes in matchday prices for the coming season ✅

Other micro aggressions like SC prices increasing year on year and even something I have just had a discussion with the club recently regarding the over 65 discount. There isn't a set one but generally it is 47-52% in the original parts of the stadium. However, in the two cheaper sections of SS3 & what's left of the pitchside seats it's a lot lower and reducing over the years. My discount is rapidly heading to below 30%. On its own it's hardly a deal breaker but clearly the club have taken the trouble to gain a very small amount of revenue from older supporters. They must feel sick when they see over 65 members as there is zero upside for the club.

There is a price for being the most successful club globally currently and it is about to be paid. There is now an absolute two tier system for the supporter base. Full seasoncards members who should hold onto them as long as possible and then there are those that are having to pay matchday prices. There will be an in between tier developing in the coming years as more Silver SCs are issued (there are very few people with these currently).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.