Khaldoons End of Season Interview

We're too cosy off the field imo.

It's like knocking off your next door neighbours missus and still going to the pub with him on a Friday night.

Just doesn't sit right with me.
I would agree with that but the Chairman's end of season account after just winning a treble is not the time or the place.

And also talking about "them" after doing so would give them some sort of perverse satisfaction.

The fact that we are making them utterly irrelevant is just fine with me, in fact it's glorious.

I think the price to attend a match at the Etihad will be similar to going to a match at others grounds . Why should there be difference . I thought that Etihad had one of the most reasonable prices or is that wrong ?
It is more expensive for me to go to Anfield or Old toiled but that dosent matter because I would never ever go there even if it was free.
I understand and appreciate what you are doing for the local fans but we the "turists" will be a huge part of this team for the future.
Funnely enougj My first match I saw live was in my home town Akureyri Iceland 1981 pre season against Thor 5-0 win at least I was not a turist at that match

and not when I saw them against West Ham in Reykjavík 2017.

My biggest regret is "only" been able to going once to Main Road.
And "only" going 7 times to Etihad but my best decision ever was going to that match against QPR 93:20 I was there with 30 Icelandairs very very passionable City fans.
Yep very wrong, already one of the worst for PL games, although the prices got worse during the course of the last season.

Cups games are more reasonable, especially for ST holders on cup schemes.

The cheapest tickers in 2012 for that game would have been £48, and these would have been £28 in 2007, and £73 last season.

Still the price of a round in Iceland so how would you know? :)

Yep very wrong, already one of the worst for PL games, although the prices got worse during the course of the last season.

Cups games are more reasonable, especially for ST holders on cup schemes.

The cheapest tickers in 2012 for that game would have been £48, and these would have been £28 in 2007, and £73 last season.

Still the price of a round in Iceland so how would you know? :)
You are more likely to have to pay touts prices to get in to Anfield or Old Trafford (if an occasional fan) so there is a big difference in prices, in reality. The stated ticket prices at Anfield are a fraction of what thousands of their fans are actually paying. Those that don’t job in that is.

I've sat on this long enough. This is a verbatim extract from the board minutes from September or October 2017.

SP asked about the financial impact of price increases in general admission tickets. The Chairman said that there should be no increase in GA ticket prices going forward as the fans' tolerance limit had been reached.

You have to ask why the chairman told the board this 6 years ago yet prices have continued to rise. As I've shown recently, there's no link between General Admission price increases and increases in matchday revenue. I'd like to know why Khaldoon either changed his tune or was ignored.

Our chairman praised us in his interview. He said our support has played a significant part in our success on the pitch. It'd be nice if the club reciprocated occasionally, yet they've taken us for mugs, steadily pricing "legacy fans" out and targeting tourists instead. Of course most of us will continue to put our hands in our pockets to support the club but it'd be nice if the club supported us for a change.
I posted several times going back several years that the hoarding off season cards with thousands of season card holders just turning up for “the big games” would be used as an excuse to put up our ticket prices. Khaldoon wasn’t going to continue to ask for ticket price freezes when the impression given by thousands of season card holders was that prices were too low. The limited availability of match day tickets has pressured those prices up too, in a perfect storm of price rises.

I know the reality is more complex than that with the price differentials between season cards and match day tickets encouraging a minority to buy season tickets who don’t need them. This has been reinforced by the Ticket Exchange being available for more and more games. Although the Ticket Exchange can be very helpful and plenty of fans have commitments where they can’t guarantee their attendance at games.

I’m in a part of the ground where there are not huge differentials between season card and match day ticket prices.I’m happy to accept that. Having a guaranteed seat to see the best team in the land and all the world is a big benefit in its own right.

You are more likely to have to pay touts prices to get in to Anfield or Old Trafford (if an occasional fan) so there is a big difference in prices, in reality. The stated ticket prices at Anfield are a fraction of what thousands of their fans are actually paying. Those that don’t job in that is.
I was looking at Chelsea's which were always a lot higher and now very similar in the PL.

Touts and offsite hospitality are another issue. I know are Junior tickers are more expensive but a lot easier to buy.

I have supported City since 1977 I dont have the chance to go to as many games as I wish . I promise you that I love the blues as much as you do. So I will be turist hopefully next season singing my ass off. You can have as much passion for City even though you are not born in Manchester, and I know I speak for all City fans abroud we have as much right as anyone to attend and support our team whithout been called fucking turists
I’m a Cityfan since 1976. So like you.
I’m also not from Manchester but was brought in by the ones who did and still live there. They consider me as much a Cityfan as they are. To me that’s all that matters really.

But I do understand what touristfans are. I think you do too. And I do understand where PB is coming from. The atmosphere in the Etihad has improved over the years, but not due to these kinda fans that like to brag about a one time visit to the Etihad with a picture of Haaland or Grealish.
They might bring in more cash due to selling ‘open’ tickets that btw have had a raise of nearly 200% and ongoing.
But they do t bring the atmosphere Khaldoon is talking about in what was again a brilliant interview. We have a great chairman. Not a tourist fan by any means …

I was looking at Chelsea's which were always a lot higher and now very similar in the PL.

Touts and offsite hospitality are another issue. I know are Junior tickers are more expensive but a lot easier to buy.
I’ve got a mate whose a Liverpool fan (poor lad) and he tells me the “cheaper” Liverpool tickets usually go on the back market for a minimum of £150.

Fair enough about Chelsea. I agree our prices have increased too much.

I might have mentioned this before but when we played PSG last year, several people around me had paid £280. Unfortunately, City are going to try and increase prices if they know tickets sell readily for 3 or 4 times face value. In thst regard we are becoming Mir elite the rags and dippers

We are the most successful club of the social media age. As I understand it, we now have the 2nd highest number of Instagram followers in the EPL. Players like Grealish and Haaland, along with our success, will attract more and more. The CFG, with its geographical spread of clubs, means a constant reinforcement of the City brand: if you support Mumbai City, for example, it would be unusual for you to support another EPL club than City. What is being done with our club is truly innovative and will undoubtedly continue to grow our brand for years, as long as we remain successful on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.