Khaldoons End of Season Interview

I just think that the hierarchy are far too cosy with the rags, Liverpool etc.
I understand about 'keeping your enemies close' and such, but these are clubs that are actively trying to get City thrown out of top level football.
The fact that our hierarchy were 'up' for joining a Super League spoke volumes.
Yes, they've built a wonderful club here, but much of our traditional/local support is in serious danger of being priced out and left behind, simply to attract tourists etc.

I honestly can't help but thinking about smiling assassins every time Khaldoon does his end of season report.

Our hierarchy were between a rock and a hard place on the Super League but it didn't seem to sit well with them and they bailed very quickly.

His missus is pregnant, she isn't a fan of Manchester restaurants and Gundo thinks his legs might go on a bit longer playing in a less stressful league?

As a free agent he can earn a huge wedge, and he's going out at the absolute pinnacle.

I think the timing is right for him to leave and, much as we hate to lose legends, he will always be one here.
Totally agree

His interview boils down to some simple facts:

• consistent excellence at every level of the club, in every department
  • on and off the pitch we are best in class
  • we are the most valuable sporting brand in the world
  • the fans have made the Etihad a fortress in the CL
  • he sees that we can be even better
  • he can't talk about the charges but he will when its over
  • he respects Ilke decision if he decides not to renew
that was about it. All delivered in that urbane, corporate slick style we have grown to love.
on and off the pitch we are best in class.

Not sure that includes the ticket office tbf.

I just think that the hierarchy are far too cosy with the rags, Liverpool etc.
I understand about 'keeping your enemies close' and such, but these are clubs that are actively trying to get City thrown out of top level football.
The fact that our hierarchy were 'up' for joining a Super League spoke volumes.
Yes, they've built a wonderful club here, but much of our traditional/local support is in serious danger of being priced out and left behind, simply to attract tourists etc.

I honestly can't help but thinking about smiling assassins every time Khaldoon does his end of season report.
We are all passengers on the same ship, some of them are complete pains in the backside and have been causing us no end of problems for years, do we sink the ship with us in it? Because if you take away Liverpool, Arsenal, Rags, the whole ship will go down and us with it, I mean Italian football has never really recovered from the various scandals

There are better ways to get even

In all of the reading that I do about UAE politics and the people involved in it, "patience" and "long memories" are definitely two of the phrases I'd use to describe how they work. They don't rush in but they always pay people back. Even if it takes a generation.

This year, the Al Maktoum family are beginning to pay the price for the financial embarrassment they caused the Emirates on the world stage in 2009. That was 14 years ago and they only just are now feeling the squeeze as the Al Nahyan's were waiting for the right time to move politically. That's some sheer bloodymindedness.

We might not see the repayment until 2050, but they won't forget, I'll guarantee you that.
All so true.

The first public sign was the ‘renaming’ of the Burj Dubai to the Burj Khalifa.

The Maktoum’s Of Dubai needed the Al Nayhans of Abu Dhabi to bail them out of financial trouble during the banking crisis with fast ,soft loans.

The immediate price was the Al Nayhan’s name on the tallest building in the world.

The ultimate price will be determined in the future.

Dubai will never embarrass Abu Dhabi again.

If you want to know who the club think are responsible look at the Pep interviews from the time

They clearly think it's Levy and Arsenal, it's not veiled at all
I think there may have been a reposhment with Arsenal we did sell them two players, you are certainly correct about Levy, I see him as the prime mover in all of this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.